Good ol’ Kyosuke has been around since the early days of EarthBound fan sites and has done tons of EarthBound-related projects over the years. Sometimes he’d make 3D models, sometimes he’d do music, he started the big EarthBound fluke craze back in the day, he’s made EarthBound-themed games for classes, he’s gone to Japanese MOTHER conventions and documented them for fans outside of Japan, and lots more. Man, I remember when he was juuuust starting to study Japanese, and now he lives and works in Japan… as a translator for Capcom, no less!
Anyway, his latest endeavor is a Kickstarter video game music album – but it’s not video game music remixes or remakes. Instead, he’s making ALL-NEW boss battle songs for different SNES games. It’s a neat idea and a little hard for me to explain well, so here are a few samples!
Some of the games he intends to do include Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG. And, being a mega EarthBound nerd, it’s natural that he plans to do an all-new EarthBound song too!
If this sounds interesting, you can read more here!
Also, it sounds like backers will get to CHOOSE which game the last track is from. My suggestion – Final Fantasy IV! Vote for Final Fantasy IV! Doooo it!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to EarthBound Boss Battle for the Soul
- breeman: AH why did I see this too late to get the Red Vinyl!? Pledged for the White Vinyl. I recently started collecting and listening to Vinyl...
- Thisislame: I love mother/earthbound and always will support their projects. This album is not supposed to be on vinyl. It’s gonna sound...
- J: I actually really liked this game. The look and style are very earthbound inspired, and there are a ton of references, but the game stands up...
- DarklingDragon: That’s pretty cool. I’d get one if I had a vinyl player.
- LucasTizma: I got the money and I got the desire. So why not?