Itoi & Let’s Meet in a Dream
Good ol’ Kyosuke has been around since the early days of EarthBound fan sites and has done tons of EarthBound-related projects over the years. Sometimes he’d make 3D models, sometimes he’d do music, he started the big EarthBound fluke craze back in the day, he’s made EarthBound-themed games for classes, he’s gone to Japanese MOTHER conventions and documented them for fans outside of Japan, and lots more. Man, I remember when he was juuuust starting to study Japanese, and now he lives and works in Japan… as a translator for Capcom, no less!
Anyway, his latest endeavor is a Kickstarter video game music album – but it’s not video game music remixes or remakes. Instead, he’s making ALL-NEW boss battle songs for different SNES games. It’s a neat idea and a little hard for me to explain well, so here are a few samples!
Some of the games he intends to do include Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG. And, being a mega EarthBound nerd, it’s natural that he plans to do an all-new EarthBound song too!
If this sounds interesting, you can read more here!
Also, it sounds like backers will get to CHOOSE which game the last track is from. My suggestion – Final Fantasy IV! Vote for Final Fantasy IV! Doooo it!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to EarthBound Boss Battle for the Soul
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound - Tested - Works and Saves Perfectly - Game + Cover
- EpicJackman: I personally prefer the pixel version. Magicant is probably my favorite stage in the game (then again, they’re all awesome). I...
- Oniglut: For a second, I thought the article talked about the flying man being a part of the SSB4 roster. Which would have been hella cool but...
- Raiden: Wow. This game has a die hard fanbase. It might be small but it’s really strong. It kinda makes me want to play this game again.
- Anonymous: They probably haxed both of them at once to show the difference for people who haven’t played the game
- TheConfuZzledDude: I still find it a bit strange how the pixel version is right next to it. Maybe it was supposed to go 3d when you tagged it?