Onion’s Cool Stuff up for Grabs
Popular Posts:None found
Mariana sent in an e-mail with a screenshot a while back:
Do you know if there’s some kind of glitch or error in this part of EarthBound?
Just after the pyramid, you enter Dungeon Man. I saved inside it, and then got out to buy something. Later, Dungeon Man is closed (just as how you find it for the first time), but when I try to use the key it says that it is already open. And I cant enter Dungeon Man again. I am emulating.
I think maybe it is just a small and obvious detail that I overlooked, or is this a known o not so known glitch?
In other words 😀 Congratulations about your work for the fans, the translation, the websites O_O It is unusual to find someone so commited to something, and just because of love for a series. People like you make EarthBound fandom even more fantastic and enjoyable 😀
Mariana (Mexico, from a little town called The Little Town)
Whew, that’s a lot of stuff! And some nice words, thanks!
For the Dungeon Man thing, here’s the screenshot of it in action:
I don’t think this problem is an emulation issue, but I don’t have any save files near there to try to replicate the problem. It sounds like it might be a design mistake that the programmers never considered.
Has anyone else had this problem before? If so, was there a way to fix it? I don’t know if Mariana talking to Dungeon Man or checking Dungeon Man to try to get inside, it’s possible one of those are what you need to do instead.
Part of me’s really intrigued that this could be a legitimate design flaw in the game, though, so if anyone has more info, please share it in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Can’t Re-enter Dungeon Man?
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.