Cat Mario EarthBound Style
A common debate among MOTHER/EarthBound fans is how the first two games connect, and in particular, how Ninten and Ness might connect. There are always lots of theories on how Ninten could be Ness’ father and stuff like that, and it usually gets people all riled up. The neatest one I’ve heard so far was this one, but I recently saw a line in the first game that got me wondering.
When you first meet Ana in MOTHER 1/EarthBound Zero, she says that Ninten looks a lot like a boy she saw in a dream:
The line is essentially the same in the Japanese version; she doesn’t say that he IS the boy in her dream, just that Ninten looks like the boy in her dream or reminds her of the boy in her dream.
So, although it’s a retroactive thing and probably wasn’t intentional, you could maybe argue that Ana’s dream was EarthBound, and that it was Ness she saw in her dream? It might explain why the worlds are so similar but still just different enough to be confounding.
I dunno, it’s just a thought that popped into my mind that I thought theory people might like. I don’t really have any strong opinions or cares about theories one way or the other, I just enjoy seeing what fans come up with!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Another EarthBound / EarthBound Zero Theory
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System) SNES Cart Guide Scratch Sniff
- Peanutcheesebars: Truly a really fun ability to play. I don’t think they’ve made an Earthbound connection quite like this since the...
- Atomikku123: I got super-jealous when he showed the “Cave of the Past/Dierdre” instrument so I used Garageband iOS to record the...
- KingOfSwords: Ness neither turns invisible nor creates electric fields. What is this.
- Chivi-chivik: The reference was VERY obvious, to be honest XD
- AwelCruiz: Luckily for you, I posted about it in MiiVerse: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl v-IffXIAAE8-X.jpg:large Excuse the quality, it was taken...