Ultimate Chimera Freakyforms-Style
A common debate among MOTHER/EarthBound fans is how the first two games connect, and in particular, how Ninten and Ness might connect. There are always lots of theories on how Ninten could be Ness’ father and stuff like that, and it usually gets people all riled up. The neatest one I’ve heard so far was this one, but I recently saw a line in the first game that got me wondering.
When you first meet Ana in MOTHER 1/EarthBound Zero, she says that Ninten looks a lot like a boy she saw in a dream:
The line is essentially the same in the Japanese version; she doesn’t say that he IS the boy in her dream, just that Ninten looks like the boy in her dream or reminds her of the boy in her dream.
So, although it’s a retroactive thing and probably wasn’t intentional, you could maybe argue that Ana’s dream was EarthBound, and that it was Ness she saw in her dream? It might explain why the worlds are so similar but still just different enough to be confounding.
I dunno, it’s just a thought that popped into my mind that I thought theory people might like. I don’t really have any strong opinions or cares about theories one way or the other, I just enjoy seeing what fans come up with!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Another EarthBound / EarthBound Zero Theory
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound (Super Nintendo SNES, 1995) A+ Near Mint condition, no imperfections
- Chivi-chivik: I need to make celebration pics for MOTHER and MOTHER 2′s anniversaries ASAP. I don’t need to bother about EarthBound tho...
- dumball92: I hope this gets released soon!!!
- WVdUde: Yeah, the movement has moved on to the Earthbound US community now, and a treaty has been made with the people who was trolling. Expect...
- BusterTheFox: @WVdUde I bet Reggie started that “hater” petition! Lol. Will it talk about stuff I already know, or will I be interested...
- WVdUde: Could you mention the Miiverse Movement that I mentioned above? It’s named Operation Westbound and the members of it are currently...