Natural Killer Giygas
A common debate among MOTHER/EarthBound fans is how the first two games connect, and in particular, how Ninten and Ness might connect. There are always lots of theories on how Ninten could be Ness’ father and stuff like that, and it usually gets people all riled up. The neatest one I’ve heard so far was this one, but I recently saw a line in the first game that got me wondering.
When you first meet Ana in MOTHER 1/EarthBound Zero, she says that Ninten looks a lot like a boy she saw in a dream:
The line is essentially the same in the Japanese version; she doesn’t say that he IS the boy in her dream, just that Ninten looks like the boy in her dream or reminds her of the boy in her dream.
So, although it’s a retroactive thing and probably wasn’t intentional, you could maybe argue that Ana’s dream was EarthBound, and that it was Ness she saw in her dream? It might explain why the worlds are so similar but still just different enough to be confounding.
I dunno, it’s just a thought that popped into my mind that I thought theory people might like. I don’t really have any strong opinions or cares about theories one way or the other, I just enjoy seeing what fans come up with!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Another EarthBound / EarthBound Zero Theory
- Hyperstar96: @Leeaux: Large amount =/= Most. It’s about a quarter at the most (I won’t look up the exact number since I haven’t...
- Vern: Finally, after 3 Smash Bros games, we can finally heart Onett music in Onett. Not complaining, but I always found it a bit odd. It’s a...
- amin: I dunno. So far SSB4 seems pretty meh as far as Mother content is concerned. (Not many complaints otherwise). C’mon, big N. We’ll...
- Dragonwarriorquestsagain: @hyperstar96 It’s not that they know nothing; they just don’t care. Why would they care? Are they afraid of...
- Leeaux: @Hyperstar96 I own both of them. Because it seems like a large amount of of the stages are from older games. But it’s probably...