I’ve been rummaging through old project folders a lot lately for my MOTHER 3 translation notes. There’s so much stuff in there that I’ve forgotten about, so I’ve been posting especially interesting screenshots and images to my Twitter lately. Here are some recent ones I dug up:
Back when MOTHER 3 GBA’s details were first revealed, fans went wild and were in a rush to translate everything ASAP. One fan’s mistranslation of 切ない in the game’s tagline was especially memorable!
99.999% of all the comments and e-mails we got during the translation project were really positive and encouraging. Even though it was a tough project, the support was amazing and it was definitely one of the happiest times of my life.
But sometimes there were other commenters:
When we released the patch, we set up an e-mail account where people could report bugs so we could try to fix them or troubleshoot things. Sometimes the reports were less than helpful though:
Still, the amount of positive stuff IMMENSELY outweighed this negative stuff. I’d love to share some of the positive stuff sometime, I just dunno if people would be okay with me sharing their e-mails with their personal details and such. I’ll give it some thought though.
I didn’t make this pic and I can’t remember where I got it, but here’s a look at MOTHER 3 Google searches over time:
I also like how you can see when Smash Bros. Brawl stuff was revealed and when the game was finally released 😛
If I find more stuff I’ll post it on my Twitter and maybe after a while I’ll post it on here too.
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to Some Behind-the-Scenes MOTHER 3 Translation Stuff
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues