SpeedGamers EarthBound Marathon
A reader recently sent this in from across the Atlantic Ocean:
So in the UK we have a magazine called ONM which is basically Nintendo Power, just British. Anyway, the newest issue has a review of the Wii U Earthbound release!
(I apologize for the bad quality of the image; I don’t have a scanner.)
And here’s a look at it:
(Update: I’ve put up a new, better scan courtesy of Sebastian)
It’s kind of hard to make out most of the text, but it at least looks like the game got a score of 90 out of (I assume) 100.
One of the cons the review gets is that you need to grind sometimes… I can only recall needing to level up before Frank and maybe Peaceful Rest Valley. Are there any other places that are notorious grinding spots for first-time players?
One of the pros listed is “Fresh and exciting battle system”. I’m actually surprised to hear that, because it’s usually dismissed as old and bland by reviewers, especially nowadays.
Still, it’s really cool to see reviewers / first-time players enjoying this old game so much. I hope it’s done well on the Wii U everywhere!
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to ONM EarthBound Re-release Review
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...