EarthBound + Video Games Awesome Tonight
A reader recently sent this in from across the Atlantic Ocean:
So in the UK we have a magazine called ONM which is basically Nintendo Power, just British. Anyway, the newest issue has a review of the Wii U Earthbound release!
(I apologize for the bad quality of the image; I don’t have a scanner.)
And here’s a look at it:
(Update: I’ve put up a new, better scan courtesy of Sebastian)
It’s kind of hard to make out most of the text, but it at least looks like the game got a score of 90 out of (I assume) 100.
One of the cons the review gets is that you need to grind sometimes… I can only recall needing to level up before Frank and maybe Peaceful Rest Valley. Are there any other places that are notorious grinding spots for first-time players?
One of the pros listed is “Fresh and exciting battle system”. I’m actually surprised to hear that, because it’s usually dismissed as old and bland by reviewers, especially nowadays.
Still, it’s really cool to see reviewers / first-time players enjoying this old game so much. I hope it’s done well on the Wii U everywhere!
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to ONM EarthBound Re-release Review
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound (Super Nintendo SNES) With Box + Game + Guide (No Tray or Stickers)
- Mr. Tenda: 200 yen, huh? That means they’ll be like $40 on eBay, I guess. Man, it sure would be nice to live in Japan…
- BobLikesToFart: I am making a mother 4 fangame and graphics are alkie
- Nintendork: I can already see people getting ahead of themselves, thinking that this is a ‘sign from Nintendo’. Still, very cool, even...
- pk_stan: In my digging for info on these, I found a site selling bags of 50 assorted figures for around 8,000 yen. I believe the site was for...
- MagikoopaMaster: 2013 really was a good year for the series wasn’t it?