A Fan-Made Ninten Plush Doll
A reader recently sent this in from across the Atlantic Ocean:
So in the UK we have a magazine called ONM which is basically Nintendo Power, just British. Anyway, the newest issue has a review of the Wii U Earthbound release!
(I apologize for the bad quality of the image; I don’t have a scanner.)
And here’s a look at it:
(Update: I’ve put up a new, better scan courtesy of Sebastian)
It’s kind of hard to make out most of the text, but it at least looks like the game got a score of 90 out of (I assume) 100.
One of the cons the review gets is that you need to grind sometimes… I can only recall needing to level up before Frank and maybe Peaceful Rest Valley. Are there any other places that are notorious grinding spots for first-time players?
One of the pros listed is “Fresh and exciting battle system”. I’m actually surprised to hear that, because it’s usually dismissed as old and bland by reviewers, especially nowadays.
Still, it’s really cool to see reviewers / first-time players enjoying this old game so much. I hope it’s done well on the Wii U everywhere!
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to ONM EarthBound Re-release Review
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?