Itoi, Iwata, and Old MOTHER 3
September 1st, 2013 | MOTHER 3
It’s been quite a while, but at last I’ve updated my MOTHER 3 translation notes with a new section! This time, we take a look at the search for Hinawa and everything leading up to the famous Flint freakout scene!
Besides actual translation notes, you’ll also find tidbits that connect with the Nintendo 64 version of the game, little-known text in the game, a connection with official MOTHER 3 merchandise, and more. And don’t bother looking for secret text… 😛
It’s not EarthBound-related, but while I’m at it I should mention that I also recently updated my Final Fantasy IV comparison stuff with a new page – see it here! Actually, I take that back – there IS EarthBound stuff on that page after all. I just can’t seem to escape the game!
Anyway, at this point I really want to get started on book versions of my localization projects. I want to start with something small as a sort of test run, but I don’t know what game/project that should be. But given that it’s been taking me so long to get these MOTHER 3 notes going, I feel like making a MOTHER 3 is the only way I’m going to get through the game without taking 10 years. But it also feels like “selling out”, so I dunno, if you guys got any suggestions, let me know in the comments or e-mail.
Besides my EarthBound Central updates here, I’ve also started posting game localization-related articles on Legends of Localization.
You can follow my wacky hijinks there and at @ClydeMandelin on Twitter!
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to MOTHER 3 Translation Notes: Desperate Search
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...