Some Unseen MOTHER 3 Rooms & NPCs
September 1st, 2013 | MOTHER 3
It’s been quite a while, but at last I’ve updated my MOTHER 3 translation notes with a new section! This time, we take a look at the search for Hinawa and everything leading up to the famous Flint freakout scene!
Besides actual translation notes, you’ll also find tidbits that connect with the Nintendo 64 version of the game, little-known text in the game, a connection with official MOTHER 3 merchandise, and more. And don’t bother looking for secret text… 😛
It’s not EarthBound-related, but while I’m at it I should mention that I also recently updated my Final Fantasy IV comparison stuff with a new page – see it here! Actually, I take that back – there IS EarthBound stuff on that page after all. I just can’t seem to escape the game!
Anyway, at this point I really want to get started on book versions of my localization projects. I want to start with something small as a sort of test run, but I don’t know what game/project that should be. But given that it’s been taking me so long to get these MOTHER 3 notes going, I feel like making a MOTHER 3 is the only way I’m going to get through the game without taking 10 years. But it also feels like “selling out”, so I dunno, if you guys got any suggestions, let me know in the comments or e-mail.
Besides my EarthBound Central updates here, I’ve also started posting game localization-related articles on Legends of Localization.
You can follow my wacky hijinks there and at @ClydeMandelin on Twitter!
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to MOTHER 3 Translation Notes: Desperate Search
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.