September 4th, 2013 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, Interviews

Marcus Lindblom, the localization director for EarthBound, recently talked about some more cool EarthBound memories, thoughts, and tidbits on the Giant Bomb podcast. He also briefly discusses MOTHER 3! Check it out here!

6 Comments to Marcus Lindblom on the Giant Bomb Podcast

Ness1985 said on Sep. 4, 2013

Yes, yes aaand…yes!

Ben said on Sep. 4, 2013

I know Marcus has been talking about a Kickstarter for a book concerning his time translating EarthBound, he was even giving out information cards about it at PAX this past weekend.

I hope it does well but I also hope he’s got everything okay’d legal-wise before it goes up. Even though there have been a few Nintendo-related parody comics that got funded through Kickstarter last year and that other book about EarthBound was successful in it’s funding this past year, it never hurts to be on the safe side.

kenisu said on Sep. 5, 2013

Just started listening, and already my mind is blown. I had no idea Aloysius was a real name, and that it was pronounced “al o’ ishus”. O_o

In my head, I always said “uh LOY shee us”.

Ness1985 said on Sep. 5, 2013

As a person who grew up with Bugs Bunny and watched like every episode with my dad when I was a child. It’s great to see Bugs Bunny references used more than once :)

kenisu said on Sep. 5, 2013

Kinda wish he had been a bit more specific with his examples of different things from his life, and his time with “the guys” on the localization team, making it into the game’s text. Then again, this WAS an on-the-fly interview, and I know as well as anyone how difficult it is to jog your memory when you need it right then and there.

But… wow… he hates the Mambo-Tango-Foxtrot martial arts line. He actually says he would have gone back and changed the line and “polished” it up, had he remembered to. I’m sort of glad he forgot.

John Jay said on Sep. 5, 2013

It’s a shame he won’t play Mother 3 because he thinks he has to break the law to do that.

You can (and I did) take your legal copy of Mother 3, your legal flash cart, insert both into a DS, rip a ROM using a one-step tool, and there you go.

It’s super easy…If I had (or if anyone else has) Marcus Lindbom’s email address, it’s super easy to explain to him the whole process.

• EpicJackman: I personally prefer the pixel version. Magicant is probably my favorite stage in the game (then again, they’re all awesome). I...
  • Oniglut: For a second, I thought the article talked about the flying man being a part of the SSB4 roster. Which would have been hella cool but...
  • Raiden: Wow. This game has a die hard fanbase. It might be small but it’s really strong. It kinda makes me want to play this game again.
  • Anonymous: They probably haxed both of them at once to show the difference for people who haven’t played the game
  • TheConfuZzledDude: I still find it a bit strange how the pixel version is right next to it. Maybe it was supposed to go 3d when you tagged it?