September 27th, 2013 | EarthBound, Interviews

Chewy, the hard-working, butt-kicking, EarthBound-playing fan has translated lots of interviews about Itoi, the MOTHER series, and such over the past many years… but now SHE’S become the interviewed one!

She discusses her experience with EarthBound, how the game seemed to American audiences, and how the game eventually led her to work for Shigesato Itoi’s company. Check it all out here!

Capture

It’s pretty interesting stuff, and she’s pretty much living the dream of EarthBound fans everywhere :P

I also like how this picture has a seemingly-floating Mr. Saturn:

hobonichi-planner-and-earthbound01

Also, if you’re curious about the Hobonichi Planner stuff that Itoi’s company makes, you can buy English versions of them online, translated by Chewy herself! For more English info and details, see here!

12 Comments to Chewy Lives the EarthBound Fan’s Dream

NorthofOnett said on Sep. 27, 2013

Cool! Glad there’s a translation of the interview now; I was just barely getting the gist of the conversation when reading it from Japanese (thanks Google Translate :P)

Krennthief said on Sep. 27, 2013

What?! That’s so cool! I use that thing every day, and it hadn’t even occurred to me why it’s all in English! Thanks, Chewy!

Chivi-chivik said on Sep. 27, 2013

That one moment when you’d like to be in someone’s skin… ;_; (Now she’s on my list)

KingOfSwords said on Sep. 27, 2013

Every day I wake up, realize that I am not Chewy, and shed a single tear of black liquid sorrow.

Kuwanger said on Sep. 27, 2013

It’s a shame you can’t buy a Techo from a place with more reasonable shipping prices. :(

misterdigi said on Sep. 29, 2013

Chewy makes me wish I had studied Japanese in middleschool so that I could understand it by now.

Chewy said on Sep. 29, 2013

Heh, I didn’t really start studying Japanese until I entered college. C’mon everybody, study Japanese!

Von Krieger said on Sep. 29, 2013

There is a kickstarter for a game that is listing Earthbound as a major inspiration. Not sure how to bring it to attention, so I’m posting the link here.

Jeff Shot First said on Sep. 29, 2013

I still cannot express how awesome Chewy is. She rocks. Love ya Linds!!!!

Linkzcap said on Sep. 29, 2013

Does anyone know how much the Hobonichi planner costs in US Dollars? I can only find the price in yen so I’m trying to figure out the whole price including shipping.

Mato said on Sep. 29, 2013

If you type “____ yen in USD” into google it’ll give you an idea based on a recent exchange rate.

Chewy said on Sep. 29, 2013

Very rough numbers: ~$25 for planner, ~$15 for low-cost covers, and ~$15 shipping to the U.S.

Find Merchandise!