Random Post:

Pokey Tattoo

August 9th, 2013 | EarthBound

Queue sent me this e-mail the other day:

I had heard Tim Schafer – videogame entrepreneur and legend of games like Pyschnoauts and Brutal Legend – was playing EarthBound. So I started following him on Twitter and noticed that he was up late tweeting about Worthless Protoplasm. The rest follows in the pic. I never really got Twitter at first, but that was something special for me right there. I’m a fan of Schafer’s stuff and, oddly, to get to connect with him through EarthBound makes me understand the guy even more.

Thought you’d get it kick out of it. Follow me on Twitter! Haha!

@Cfillhart

And here’s a look at it:

Retweet-Schafer

Between this and the creators of South Park being inspired by EarthBound, it’s really cool and surreal to see these big-name creative minds commenting on and drawing from EarthBound!

7 Comments to Tim Schafer Playing EarthBound

EnnuiKing said on Aug. 9, 2013

It’s official – we are now EarthBound.

Douglas said on Aug. 9, 2013

What is that guy thanking Tim for? Is he thanking him for liking the same thing he likes?

Anonymous said on Aug. 9, 2013

I believe he’s thanking him for responding.

Queue said on Aug. 9, 2013

I was thanking him for everything. Being a fan, being a creative person, creating some of my favorite videogames. The list goes on. I’ve never talked to him before. I found it pertinent to thank him, Douglas.

misterdigi35 said on Aug. 10, 2013

if I was gonna say anything to tim schaffer if would be in the form of a thank you as well. anyone who makes a game like grim fandango deserves at least that.

DJMankiewicz said on Aug. 10, 2013

Tim Schaffer makes good games. Grim Fandango, for example, is one of my mom’s favorite games of all time (she loves puzzle solving adventure games in general). I really need to pick up “The Cave” now.

DJMankiewicz said on Aug. 10, 2013

I read the article about the South Park stuff… So what does that do for the “Pokey is basically Cartman” jokes?