Cookie Giygas is in Trouble Now!
August 26th, 2013 | EarthBound
An old trick that most crazed EarthBound fans know about is the Shattered Man Glitch – basically, there are two Shattered Man enemies in the Summers museum, but if you keep one alive until the end of the game, it’ll still be there even after you defeat Giygas. If you then let it kill you, the game will glitch up and freeze and such.
Anyway, a reader by the name of Shugey recently sent me this e-mail about the glitch:
I imagine most people know about the Shattered Man glitch where you leave one alive and then get killed by it after defeat Giygas, causing the game to endlessly loop text. Except that isn’t actually what happens. You actually eventually return to the map, and if you can manage to go back down stairs with the black screen, you are able to still walk around despite being unconscious. The graphics are distorted for a bit, but return to normal.
This is really cool! Although, similar to the Circus Tent glitch, I think results might vary depending on all sorts of factors beyond the player’s control, so it might or might not work for you. But if it does work for you, or if you try it out and it does something wacky and new, let me know in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to Shattered Man Glitch in EarthBound
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...