Custom MOTHER 3 Wii Channel
Popular Posts:None found
August 26th, 2013 | EarthBound
An old trick that most crazed EarthBound fans know about is the Shattered Man Glitch – basically, there are two Shattered Man enemies in the Summers museum, but if you keep one alive until the end of the game, it’ll still be there even after you defeat Giygas. If you then let it kill you, the game will glitch up and freeze and such.
Anyway, a reader by the name of Shugey recently sent me this e-mail about the glitch:
I imagine most people know about the Shattered Man glitch where you leave one alive and then get killed by it after defeat Giygas, causing the game to endlessly loop text. Except that isn’t actually what happens. You actually eventually return to the map, and if you can manage to go back down stairs with the black screen, you are able to still walk around despite being unconscious. The graphics are distorted for a bit, but return to normal.
This is really cool! Although, similar to the Circus Tent glitch, I think results might vary depending on all sorts of factors beyond the player’s control, so it might or might not work for you. But if it does work for you, or if you try it out and it does something wacky and new, let me know in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to Shattered Man Glitch in EarthBound
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.