Shigesato Itoi’s Latest Interview, Fully Translated!
August 26th, 2013 | EarthBound
An old trick that most crazed EarthBound fans know about is the Shattered Man Glitch – basically, there are two Shattered Man enemies in the Summers museum, but if you keep one alive until the end of the game, it’ll still be there even after you defeat Giygas. If you then let it kill you, the game will glitch up and freeze and such.
Anyway, a reader by the name of Shugey recently sent me this e-mail about the glitch:
I imagine most people know about the Shattered Man glitch where you leave one alive and then get killed by it after defeat Giygas, causing the game to endlessly loop text. Except that isn’t actually what happens. You actually eventually return to the map, and if you can manage to go back down stairs with the black screen, you are able to still walk around despite being unconscious. The graphics are distorted for a bit, but return to normal.
This is really cool! Although, similar to the Circus Tent glitch, I think results might vary depending on all sorts of factors beyond the player’s control, so it might or might not work for you. But if it does work for you, or if you try it out and it does something wacky and new, let me know in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to Shattered Man Glitch in EarthBound
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!