The Completionist Completes MOTHER 3
Good ol’ Aquas sent me an e-mail the other day:
Hey Mato. I recently discovered blackoak from Shmuplations.com strayed away from his usual vein of translations related to Shooting Game development and translated a small article from Itoi’s point of view on the development of Mother 1. It sounds a bit familiar to some things we’ve learned about the development of Mother, but there are some things I feel like we don’t know so it may be fresh.
And here’s a description of the article:
“In this 1989 interview, Mother series creator Shigesato Itoi talks about the events leading up to the creation of Mother and his desire to break RPG conventions. Mother is one of the better documented series in terms of developer interviews, but this interview is, to my knowledge, the earliest one with Itoi.
This interview was found at the GSLA, a Japanese a website that, among other things, preserves game developer interviews from older, now-defunct print sources. The GSLA often redacts the original interviewer questions, so the text ends up reading more like a narrative than an interview.”
Check out the interview here!
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to One of Itoi’s Earliest MOTHER Interviews
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER2 EARTHBOUND DOSAISAN Mr SATUARN banpresto figure plush doll from Japan
- eurocard kreditkarte sperren: I keep listening to the rumor lecture about receiving free online grant applications so I have been looking around...
- Door: I think Butthurtfail meant that 10,000 dollars was too cheap for a collection this big…
- LucasTizma: a) I’ve easily spent well over $10,000 for all of that stuff, and b) as I said in the auction, I have no interest in splitting...
- Butthurtfail: $10,000.00? That price is absolutely bonkers. Sorry, guy! Auction off the handmade figures and the anthology! That’ll net you...
- Leeaux: Man what I would do to have an Earthbound collection like that! Whew!