Pokemon and Tonda Gossa
Good ol’ Aquas sent me an e-mail the other day:
Hey Mato. I recently discovered blackoak from Shmuplations.com strayed away from his usual vein of translations related to Shooting Game development and translated a small article from Itoi’s point of view on the development of Mother 1. It sounds a bit familiar to some things we’ve learned about the development of Mother, but there are some things I feel like we don’t know so it may be fresh.
And here’s a description of the article:
“In this 1989 interview, Mother series creator Shigesato Itoi talks about the events leading up to the creation of Mother and his desire to break RPG conventions. Mother is one of the better documented series in terms of developer interviews, but this interview is, to my knowledge, the earliest one with Itoi.
This interview was found at the GSLA, a Japanese a website that, among other things, preserves game developer interviews from older, now-defunct print sources. The GSLA often redacts the original interviewer questions, so the text ends up reading more like a narrative than an interview.”
Check out the interview here!
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to One of Itoi’s Earliest MOTHER Interviews
- NichoMania: So, is there any way to make the Mother 3 rom play these songs in this high quality? AKA fuzz free?
- Nintendo of America: Can you explain me what’s going on with Starmen.net?
- Anonymous: The only thing that really was a mess up on the US version (not counting the censorship) was the change they did to the Magicant cave....
- Nintendo of America: Most of the Forest Prayer Sanctuary is obscured by a hill with trees, as well as the stone ‘bed’ near it. In...
- Nintendo of America: If EarthBound Forever After was on SNES?