Merch Watch for Nov. 27, 2011
Good ol’ Aquas sent me an e-mail the other day:
Hey Mato. I recently discovered blackoak from Shmuplations.com strayed away from his usual vein of translations related to Shooting Game development and translated a small article from Itoi’s point of view on the development of Mother 1. It sounds a bit familiar to some things we’ve learned about the development of Mother, but there are some things I feel like we don’t know so it may be fresh.
And here’s a description of the article:
“In this 1989 interview, Mother series creator Shigesato Itoi talks about the events leading up to the creation of Mother and his desire to break RPG conventions. Mother is one of the better documented series in terms of developer interviews, but this interview is, to my knowledge, the earliest one with Itoi.
This interview was found at the GSLA, a Japanese a website that, among other things, preserves game developer interviews from older, now-defunct print sources. The GSLA often redacts the original interviewer questions, so the text ends up reading more like a narrative than an interview.”
Check out the interview here!
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to One of Itoi’s Earliest MOTHER Interviews
- KingOfSwords: Breaking news: MOTHER 3 rumored for Western release, just as it has been every day for the last ten years or more.
- Drake Wolf: Sincerely, I want this rumor to be true. Sadly, I know that I should take that rumor with a grain of salt. Remember the M3-KM carts and...
- Mother2fan: I really hope NOA releases it, but I would also have a very hard time accepting a translation other than Mato’s. The game I fell...
- Jerky: I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out to be true. Contrary to what seemingly every other EB fan thinks, I really don’t think...
- vince94: They know how attached/devoted we are to the world and the characters, I don’t think they’d change much. The backlash would be...