Mini-Update Megathon #7
Good ol’ Aquas sent me an e-mail the other day:
Hey Mato. I recently discovered blackoak from Shmuplations.com strayed away from his usual vein of translations related to Shooting Game development and translated a small article from Itoi’s point of view on the development of Mother 1. It sounds a bit familiar to some things we’ve learned about the development of Mother, but there are some things I feel like we don’t know so it may be fresh.
And here’s a description of the article:
“In this 1989 interview, Mother series creator Shigesato Itoi talks about the events leading up to the creation of Mother and his desire to break RPG conventions. Mother is one of the better documented series in terms of developer interviews, but this interview is, to my knowledge, the earliest one with Itoi.
This interview was found at the GSLA, a Japanese a website that, among other things, preserves game developer interviews from older, now-defunct print sources. The GSLA often redacts the original interviewer questions, so the text ends up reading more like a narrative than an interview.”
Check out the interview here!
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to One of Itoi’s Earliest MOTHER Interviews
- Pineapple King: They ask what the audience for this set would be. Obviously kids, adults and young women too!
- Dr.x: I kind of wish I could actually go to a convention for once.
- Xi: I’ve been to a couple of anime/video game conventions this year where the people with video game booths were selling Japanese amiibos. If...
- Dr.x: This is kind of funny actually. I have been looking into buying a Japanese 3ds to play japanese games recently and it has a list of middlemen...
- Mato: Well, it’s kind of weird – I order from Amazon Japan regularly and they do indeed ship overseas. But there are some things they...