“Your Name Please” Remix
Good ol’ Aquas sent me an e-mail the other day:
Hey Mato. I recently discovered blackoak from Shmuplations.com strayed away from his usual vein of translations related to Shooting Game development and translated a small article from Itoi’s point of view on the development of Mother 1. It sounds a bit familiar to some things we’ve learned about the development of Mother, but there are some things I feel like we don’t know so it may be fresh.
And here’s a description of the article:
“In this 1989 interview, Mother series creator Shigesato Itoi talks about the events leading up to the creation of Mother and his desire to break RPG conventions. Mother is one of the better documented series in terms of developer interviews, but this interview is, to my knowledge, the earliest one with Itoi.
This interview was found at the GSLA, a Japanese a website that, among other things, preserves game developer interviews from older, now-defunct print sources. The GSLA often redacts the original interviewer questions, so the text ends up reading more like a narrative than an interview.”
Check out the interview here!
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to One of Itoi’s Earliest MOTHER Interviews
- Saeh saeh: Reading past reviews of last year’s onett cover most didn’t get it until November so I think they’ll ship Oct anyways...
- Bionic: Yeah, early this morning they got the cast planner back in stock, but it doesn’t ship till mid-Oct. The site really slowed down...
- Saeh saeh: The pouches and other mr saturn stuff is available October 1st
- Saeh saeh: @jeffmaxwell I check again this morning and I saw the cast planner was still available, the sold out cover was the saturn valley cover.
- jeffmaxwell: Well the Mother 2 Cast cover sold out ridiculously fast. Before it was even available to US customers!