Swag Watch for Feb. 4, 2012
Good ol’ Aquas sent me an e-mail the other day:
Hey Mato. I recently discovered blackoak from Shmuplations.com strayed away from his usual vein of translations related to Shooting Game development and translated a small article from Itoi’s point of view on the development of Mother 1. It sounds a bit familiar to some things we’ve learned about the development of Mother, but there are some things I feel like we don’t know so it may be fresh.
And here’s a description of the article:
“In this 1989 interview, Mother series creator Shigesato Itoi talks about the events leading up to the creation of Mother and his desire to break RPG conventions. Mother is one of the better documented series in terms of developer interviews, but this interview is, to my knowledge, the earliest one with Itoi.
This interview was found at the GSLA, a Japanese a website that, among other things, preserves game developer interviews from older, now-defunct print sources. The GSLA often redacts the original interviewer questions, so the text ends up reading more like a narrative than an interview.”
Check out the interview here!
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to One of Itoi’s Earliest MOTHER Interviews
- Chivi-chivik: I need to make celebration pics for MOTHER and MOTHER 2′s anniversaries ASAP. I don’t need to bother about EarthBound tho...
- dumball92: I hope this gets released soon!!!
- WVdUde: Yeah, the movement has moved on to the Earthbound US community now, and a treaty has been made with the people who was trolling. Expect...
- BusterTheFox: @WVdUde I bet Reggie started that “hater” petition! Lol. Will it talk about stuff I already know, or will I be interested...
- WVdUde: Could you mention the Miiverse Movement that I mentioned above? It’s named Operation Westbound and the members of it are currently...