Another Message from Itoi
Jeffman’s been on a MOTHER 3 hacking spree lately, fixing bugs in the game, documenting the ROM, and just playing around with stuff. He’s been posting some pictures and videos on Twitter lately, so I thought I’d share some of them:
Thomas what are you doing who are you talking to
Thomas go home you are drunk
(playing with door destinations)
Reconnecting unusued/misdone text
The above line exists in several places in the game’s script data, but it never got used in the game. It was clearly associated with the trash can next to Alec’s house, but I never knew why it didn’t work. I guess Jeff figured it out!
Messing with battle animations
I have no doubt Jeff’s going to cause even more MOTHER 3 wackiness in the future, so follow him here!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to Jeffman’s MOTHER 3 Hackathon
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...
- something fuzzy: Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to...
- Supergamerk: I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman...
- Ostricho: Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen. EarthBound...
- Boodledump: This is awesome!