The MOTHER 3 E-mail
Once a month I manually update the pricing data on buyearthbound.com to help fans get the best possible deal and avoid paying too much.
I was especially interested to check out prices now that EarthBound on the Wii U has been out for a while, so let’s take a look!
- EarthBound cart: $163 (up from $162, lowest: $110.00 / highest: $234.95)
- EarthBound guide: $111 (up from $97, lowest: $65.00) / highest: $139.99)
- EarthBound complete set: $452 (down from $546, lowest: $229.95 / highest: $699.99)
…Wait, what? I was expecting EarthBound cartridge prices to go down, but it looks like it pretty much stayed the same since this time last month 😯
Individual guides always sell so rarely nowadays that guide prices always fluctuate like crazy, so the increase doesn’t mean much.
But the most surprising thing of all is that complete copies have dropped considerably! In fact, one complete set sold for less than some cart-only listings!
Still curious to know more, I looked at the prices before and after EarthBound was released on the Wii U… before the release, the average was at $163.12, and the average price right now, after the release, is $163.19. So it’s like nothing really changed. Complete sets were similarly unchanged, so it seems like the Wii U release hasn’t had much of an effect at all.
I don’t know what to make of this yet, but maybe it was naive of me to think cart prices would drop immediately after the re-release. Maybe it’ll take longer? Or maybe the fact there are more fans now means more people want the actual cart? If anyone has any ideas, let me know!
Anyway, all that said, if you do want to get an original release version of EarthBound for the Super NES, check out the information on buyearthbound.com to avoid paying too much!
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (Aug. 2013)
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.