A Touching EarthBound Animation
Back in 2000 (holy crap it’s already 13 years later), when the Nintendo 64 version of MOTHER 3 – aka EarthBound 64 – was cancelled, Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Shigesato Itoi sat down and talked all about the cancellation. It was then posted online over the course of like 15 pages.
There was so much text that nobody ever really fully translated the discussion… until now! Translation powerhouse Chewy had posted a full translation of the historic discussion here!
Read about how Iwata blames himself for the project failing! Read about their feelings on making it a 3D game rather than 2D! And read about how their initial idea to make a GBA version of the game was scoffed at!
Thanks again to Chewy for slaying this translation beast once and for all!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound 64 Cancellation Discussion – Now Fully Translated!
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound - Tested - Works and Saves Perfectly - Game + Cover
- UbaNess: Similar sentiment that I have been seeing on here, I already bought Earthbound (of course, I am here commenting) but also many others that...
- Raiden: This looks pretty cool. I do have the rom file for the nes emulator but if the random encounters are anything like the original final...
- Vern: I’m actually quite excited by this, much more than any other fan hacks or projects lately – for any games. It’s like being...
- ThatDetectiveFellow: Club Nintendo in America is significantly better than in Europe, Europe’s one (at least that for the UK) is scarcely...
- Peel Z Union: Eartbound Zero better come on virtual console before this comes out or i’ll be forced to get this.