EarthBound Across Generations
Back in 2000 (holy crap it’s already 13 years later), when the Nintendo 64 version of MOTHER 3 – aka EarthBound 64 – was cancelled, Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Shigesato Itoi sat down and talked all about the cancellation. It was then posted online over the course of like 15 pages.
There was so much text that nobody ever really fully translated the discussion… until now! Translation powerhouse Chewy had posted a full translation of the historic discussion here!
Read about how Iwata blames himself for the project failing! Read about their feelings on making it a 3D game rather than 2D! And read about how their initial idea to make a GBA version of the game was scoffed at!
Thanks again to Chewy for slaying this translation beast once and for all!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound 64 Cancellation Discussion – Now Fully Translated!
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Corey: @EBisumaru Magicant is the best stage in Smash 3DS.
- anon: I hope they add a 3D flying man to the game somehow, even as a trophy. It’s really cool to see Earthbound characters that were only...
- Mato: (After removing a number of comments) Okay, this is turning into a silly argument that’s unrelated to the topic at hand, so I’ll...
- JRokujuushi: Did three people seriously criticize his use of “it’s” when it was used correctly? If we substitute the words in...
- wvlfpvp: NekoKnight: It’s a username. Spelling is how you freaking want it to be. I replaced vowels with the consonant “v”...