The Ultimate Starman Club Treasure
Back in 2000 (holy crap it’s already 13 years later), when the Nintendo 64 version of MOTHER 3 – aka EarthBound 64 – was cancelled, Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Shigesato Itoi sat down and talked all about the cancellation. It was then posted online over the course of like 15 pages.
There was so much text that nobody ever really fully translated the discussion… until now! Translation powerhouse Chewy had posted a full translation of the historic discussion here!
Read about how Iwata blames himself for the project failing! Read about their feelings on making it a 3D game rather than 2D! And read about how their initial idea to make a GBA version of the game was scoffed at!
Thanks again to Chewy for slaying this translation beast once and for all!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound 64 Cancellation Discussion – Now Fully Translated!
- Nick97: But will it keep all the funny alt text on the images?! I’m really excited for this, especially if you also get done a Mother 3 book....
- Blue-streaker: What about the mother 3 legends of localization? Is it getting a book too?
- itoi: In some case of coincidence I heard rumours MOTHER 4 will be on Nintendo eShop(3DS or Wii u)?
- UbaNess: Congratulations on the Kickstarter success! Proud to be a backer and can’t wait for the goodies
- AdmiralCrunch: This was the the last straw that overwhelmed my common sense and forced me to throw in for the whole goodie set. Really excited even...