Weekly Round-Up #4
Back in 2000 (holy crap it’s already 13 years later), when the Nintendo 64 version of MOTHER 3 – aka EarthBound 64 – was cancelled, Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Shigesato Itoi sat down and talked all about the cancellation. It was then posted online over the course of like 15 pages.
There was so much text that nobody ever really fully translated the discussion… until now! Translation powerhouse Chewy had posted a full translation of the historic discussion here!
Read about how Iwata blames himself for the project failing! Read about their feelings on making it a 3D game rather than 2D! And read about how their initial idea to make a GBA version of the game was scoffed at!
Thanks again to Chewy for slaying this translation beast once and for all!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound 64 Cancellation Discussion – Now Fully Translated!
- Chivi-chivik: @BoaTransistor THANK YOU. I’ll try to get one! *w*
- BusterTheFox: “The MOTHER2 cover alone will be JPY 2,592 (about USD $25.00 or EUR 18.83), while a combo of the cover and the planner will be...
- Pigmask Private: It’s sort of like a journal but for writing out what you’re going to do each day. It’s like a schedule keeper.
- Anonymous: Sorry for the stupid question, but what is a planner? I’m not a native English-speaker, and that’s the first time I...
- UbaNess: Would love to buy one of these!