An EarthBound Book in the Works
Back in 2000 (holy crap it’s already 13 years later), when the Nintendo 64 version of MOTHER 3 – aka EarthBound 64 – was cancelled, Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Shigesato Itoi sat down and talked all about the cancellation. It was then posted online over the course of like 15 pages.
There was so much text that nobody ever really fully translated the discussion… until now! Translation powerhouse Chewy had posted a full translation of the historic discussion here!
Read about how Iwata blames himself for the project failing! Read about their feelings on making it a 3D game rather than 2D! And read about how their initial idea to make a GBA version of the game was scoffed at!
Thanks again to Chewy for slaying this translation beast once and for all!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound 64 Cancellation Discussion – Now Fully Translated!
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER Hisshou Kouryaku Game Guide Kanzen Book Japan Famicom RARE JN*
- Anonymous: “Effetist Hipister smashes Nuganess…” I don’t think you know what a hipster is, and I don’t know what an...
- Anonymous: “Calling my statement/opinion a conspiracy theory is borderline passive aggressive.” It’s true though…...
- Raiden: Well if this is a pointless argument then why don’t you leave FireFlyMelody?
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: @N7Kopper @AConcernedGamer This is all very insightful info. I knew there was a technical reason for King running away,...
- FireflyMelody: I agree with Anonymous. They both look great, I’ll play them both, and I could care less about what they’re called....