MOTHER 3 for Haiti, Part 2
Back in 2000 (holy crap it’s already 13 years later), when the Nintendo 64 version of MOTHER 3 – aka EarthBound 64 – was cancelled, Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Shigesato Itoi sat down and talked all about the cancellation. It was then posted online over the course of like 15 pages.
There was so much text that nobody ever really fully translated the discussion… until now! Translation powerhouse Chewy had posted a full translation of the historic discussion here!
Read about how Iwata blames himself for the project failing! Read about their feelings on making it a 3D game rather than 2D! And read about how their initial idea to make a GBA version of the game was scoffed at!
Thanks again to Chewy for slaying this translation beast once and for all!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound 64 Cancellation Discussion – Now Fully Translated!
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super Nintendo SNES Game Cartridge
- snesdude7: You can buy them again now! I just ordered one!
- Chase: There is a note now on the web page for it that says “we are expecting a restock on this item soon, check back to this page for more...
- Corbin: Will they get more? I hope so…
- chase: wow, 3 hours in, sold out already. Laaaaame
- Corbin: I’m trying to buy one but I don’t know how to add it to my cart or whatever!