The EarthBound Fandom’s History
Back in 2000 (holy crap it’s already 13 years later), when the Nintendo 64 version of MOTHER 3 – aka EarthBound 64 – was cancelled, Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Shigesato Itoi sat down and talked all about the cancellation. It was then posted online over the course of like 15 pages.
There was so much text that nobody ever really fully translated the discussion… until now! Translation powerhouse Chewy had posted a full translation of the historic discussion here!
Read about how Iwata blames himself for the project failing! Read about their feelings on making it a 3D game rather than 2D! And read about how their initial idea to make a GBA version of the game was scoffed at!
Thanks again to Chewy for slaying this translation beast once and for all!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound 64 Cancellation Discussion – Now Fully Translated!
Leave a reply
- ShadowX: Ah, I see you found these too! Gotta love yahoo Japan Auctions morning searches. The flyer only shows the un-painted mock up versions....
- Moonside: No, they are just mock-ups. They haven’t finalized painting them yet. Finally, affordable Mother 2 merch.
- DJMankiewicz: Are they supposed to be in black and white? Are we meant to paint them ourselves?
- snesdude7: Will these stay cheap for a while? (when there still available)
- Chivi-chivik: I want one of those… ;_; (I HATE being this poor…)