Saturn Valley, EarthBound Zero Style
Back in 2000 (holy crap it’s already 13 years later), when the Nintendo 64 version of MOTHER 3 – aka EarthBound 64 – was cancelled, Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Shigesato Itoi sat down and talked all about the cancellation. It was then posted online over the course of like 15 pages.
There was so much text that nobody ever really fully translated the discussion… until now! Translation powerhouse Chewy had posted a full translation of the historic discussion here!
Read about how Iwata blames himself for the project failing! Read about their feelings on making it a 3D game rather than 2D! And read about how their initial idea to make a GBA version of the game was scoffed at!
Thanks again to Chewy for slaying this translation beast once and for all!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound 64 Cancellation Discussion – Now Fully Translated!
- Anonymous: Reminds me of MOTHER2.
- Banana Kid: Uh…and how does this NOT sound like M3 music? The free, disassociated jazz feel, the rollicking keyboard/synth licks, the reggae...
- linkdude20002001: Doesn’t really sound a thing like Shogo Sakai’s music.
- JRokujuushi: These sound to me like they’re pre-production MIDI files rather than actually being played on N64 hardware. That would be cool...
- RudyC3: I wouldn’t write it off on the only basis that the sound is “too clean”. The N64 wasn’t incapable of producing CD...