Itoi, Iwata, and Old MOTHER 3
Jeffman’s been on a huge MOTHER 3 hacking roll lately! Besides fixing old bugs in the game and documenting the ROM layout for everyone to see, he recently uncovered six ending images that didn’t get used in the final version of the game!
Here’s what he says:
I think I found some unused scenes from the staff credits. I’ve looked through some playthroughs and they all seem to have the same set of 18 scenes, but the ROM contains six extras that I haven’t seen before (ignore the glitches in some of these).
I don’t think there’s any way of accessing these normally right now via codes or anything, though.
Still, to this day it surprises me whenever we find something new in the EarthBound ROM, but I think the MOTHER 3 ROM is going to be the ROM that keeps on giving for years and years and years to come!
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Unused MOTHER 3 Ending Images
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...