Jeffman’s been on a huge MOTHER 3 hacking roll lately! Besides fixing old bugs in the game and documenting the ROM layout for everyone to see, he recently uncovered six ending images that didn’t get used in the final version of the game!
Here’s what he says:
I think I found some unused scenes from the staff credits. I’ve looked through some playthroughs and they all seem to have the same set of 18 scenes, but the ROM contains six extras that I haven’t seen before (ignore the glitches in some of these).
I don’t think there’s any way of accessing these normally right now via codes or anything, though.
Still, to this day it surprises me whenever we find something new in the EarthBound ROM, but I think the MOTHER 3 ROM is going to be the ROM that keeps on giving for years and years and years to come!
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Unused MOTHER 3 Ending Images
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...