MOTHER 2 Preview on Laserdisc
ChocoZuri sent me this a little while back:
Hey, Mato! I have here scans from an old MOTHER 3 post-Spaceworld preview that I believe has not made it to this site. It’s not big on any new screenshots (Despite a clearer shot of Osohe Castle), but it seems to be a little more in-depth on the storyline & battle system than anything, along with some side-notes from the publishers as well. Now Sadly, I’m not too skilled in the Japanese language, so hopefully you can provide a faithful translation
And here are the scans:
I don’t have time to translate everything, but here are some key points:
- Two kids/young adults were asked for their opinion after playing the demo at Spaceworld. Their comments are:
I love the MOTHER series, so I came here to play this. The battle system was very good.
The graphics were very nice. The music that played was very MOTHER-like. I think I’ll buy it.
- Apparently, they provided headphones for you when playing the demo. It seems the developers really wanted the musical aspect of the game to be clear to players.
- The N64 version had rolling HP and magic meters too. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them in action so I never considered if this version had rolling stuff or not.
- At the end of the mine cart scene, the twins apparently fall into the river and get washed downstream.
- Apparently another Nintendo producer was added to the team around this point in time to speed up development/to help get the demo ready in time.
- Miyamoto was acting as a supervisor.
The article covers more than that of course, but those are the big new things I was able to pick up during a quick look-over. If anyone is willing to translate the entire thing though, please go ahead!
Other Related Posts:
32 Comments to Post-Spaceworld EarthBound 64 in Dengeki 64
- SG: I think this is the first time I’ve ever seen Contact recommended to anyone. It was definitely an interesting game; I see how it’s...
- Esper: @Huks I don’t want to come of as an overzealous fan gushing about an indie RPG, so I’ll just say this. Undertale is the best...
- David B.: I know it’s on the flowchart, but DEFINITELY Mario & Luigi RPGs. The writing is very EarthBound-y at times, going from comic...
- Huks: *by none other than Half-Life 2, argh
- Huks: I should check out Undertale, I’ve read a lot of good things about it. Fun fact: the game currently has a Metacritic score of 97, which...