MOTHER 2 Novel Translation-athon!
ChocoZuri sent me this a little while back:
Hey, Mato! I have here scans from an old MOTHER 3 post-Spaceworld preview that I believe has not made it to this site. It’s not big on any new screenshots (Despite a clearer shot of Osohe Castle), but it seems to be a little more in-depth on the storyline & battle system than anything, along with some side-notes from the publishers as well. Now Sadly, I’m not too skilled in the Japanese language, so hopefully you can provide a faithful translation
And here are the scans:
I don’t have time to translate everything, but here are some key points:
- Two kids/young adults were asked for their opinion after playing the demo at Spaceworld. Their comments are:
I love the MOTHER series, so I came here to play this. The battle system was very good.
The graphics were very nice. The music that played was very MOTHER-like. I think I’ll buy it.
- Apparently, they provided headphones for you when playing the demo. It seems the developers really wanted the musical aspect of the game to be clear to players.
- The N64 version had rolling HP and magic meters too. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them in action so I never considered if this version had rolling stuff or not.
- At the end of the mine cart scene, the twins apparently fall into the river and get washed downstream.
- Apparently another Nintendo producer was added to the team around this point in time to speed up development/to help get the demo ready in time.
- Miyamoto was acting as a supervisor.
The article covers more than that of course, but those are the big new things I was able to pick up during a quick look-over. If anyone is willing to translate the entire thing though, please go ahead!
Other Related Posts:
32 Comments to Post-Spaceworld EarthBound 64 in Dengeki 64
- UbaNess: Similar sentiment that I have been seeing on here, I already bought Earthbound (of course, I am here commenting) but also many others that...
- Raiden: This looks pretty cool. I do have the rom file for the nes emulator but if the random encounters are anything like the original final...
- Vern: I’m actually quite excited by this, much more than any other fan hacks or projects lately – for any games. It’s like being...
- ThatDetectiveFellow: Club Nintendo in America is significantly better than in Europe, Europe’s one (at least that for the UK) is scarcely...
- Peel Z Union: Eartbound Zero better come on virtual console before this comes out or i’ll be forced to get this.