July 10th, 2013 | Auctions, EarthBound

Every month I update the price info on buyearthbound.com by hand to help fans get the best possible deal and avoid spending bazillions more dollars than they need to. I’m a little late this month, but here’s the very latest pricing data:

Average Prices:

• EarthBound cart: $162 (down from $173, lowest: $89.99 / highest: $237.49)
  • EarthBound guide: $97 (down from $103, lowest: $79.99) / highest: $130.00)
  • EarthBound complete set: $546 (up from $502, lowest: $280.13 / highest: $1500.00)

It looks like the price of loose cartridges is continuing to drop little by little! It’s still not back to what it was this time last year, but it’s getting close 😀

Guide prices tend to fluctuate quite a bit since not as many sell all by theirselves.

Complete sets are slightly up in price due to a brand-new copy of EarthBound selling for $1500, but even without that the average price is still slightly up over last month. In fact, I think twice as many complete sets as usual sold this past month. I’m not sure why that would be, but the price range is all over the place as you can see – some went for as low as $280 while some went for $600+.

Anyway, if you’re thinking of buying a copy of EarthBound or the guide or a complete set sometime, be sure to check out the tips and info on buyearthbound.com!

17 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (July 2013)

SaskOtaku said on Jul. 10, 2013

it’s nice seeing the price still dropping. I will probably get myself a copy now.

Blue Toad said on Jul. 10, 2013

Wow! lowest is finally under 100! Hello eBay!

Earthbounder said on Jul. 10, 2013

I really don’t think when eb gets released that the price will drop a decent amount.

Prayer For Safety said on Jul. 10, 2013

Glad to see the prices getting better.

Satsy said on Jul. 11, 2013

It will probably go down more when it’s released on the VC, but don’t expect it to be cheap. The DS version of Chrono Trigger is cheap, but the SNES carts are still pretty high. If less people buy the carts, and there’s less demand because of VC, I can see it dropping to 60 dollars, but I doubt fans are going to stop wanting physical copies of their favorite game.

SaturnStorm said on Jul. 11, 2013

EBony said on Jul. 11, 2013

Should I sell my Earthbound cart for a good price, then wait till the price drops and buy another one?

Douglas Vieira said on Jul. 11, 2013

EBony, I wouldn’t do that if I were you. We never know how much the price will drop, and at least for me, I have some sentimental feelings with all my cartridges.

misterdigi said on Jul. 12, 2013

It’s absolutely ridiculous that anyone should have to pay more than 100$ for the game. I’d be tickled to shell out 100$ for a copy. But 170? 160? That’s 2 and a half months worth of gas money.

Robert said on Jul. 12, 2013

I bought mine severel months ago, and it quickly became one of my favorite games. oddly enough, I feel attached to that cartridge. I wouldn’t sell mine if the price were to drop to 1 penny tomorrow.

EBony said on Jul. 12, 2013

@Douglas Vieira
Yeah, you are right. I do have a lot of sentimental feelings with my Earthbound cart. It was one of the first video games I ever played.

Vukadin said on Jul. 13, 2013

@misterdigi

The economy is horrid.

Hakaisha said on Jul. 13, 2013

Got that $1,500 VGA copy sitting on display in my game room right now.

Mato said on Jul. 13, 2013

Whoa, cool! Would it be possible to get a pic? It’s always cool seeing collectors showing off their EarthBound stuff 😀

Hakaisha said on Jul. 13, 2013

Of course! Here you are.

I can take some more photos if you like.

Mato said on Jul. 14, 2013

Cool, thanks!

The Apple Kid said on Jul. 14, 2013

@ Hakaisha It seems out of place (next to two rated “M” games), might I ask how you organize your games?