Snowman in EarthBound Form
A reader by the name of Nathan sent this the other day:
I recently picked up the daily newspaper and found something interesting!
I apologize for the poor quality of the article, but the description reads:
“EARTHBOUND was a cult classic 20 years ago and its devoted fans have made it one of the most requested titles for the Wii U.
But its release at long last has not been without controversy – the slightly inflated price angered some. In reality however, it is worth every penny of its £6.99 price tag.
Perfect for fans of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Chrono Trigger, players control baseball fan Ness, who is awoken one night by a meteorite crash-landing near his village. Ness rounds up a group to investigate this freak event, while protecting the rest of the world from the abominable things appearing as a result. The story takes many crazy turns – players converse with a bee, for example – but the game reeks of vintage RPG brilliance with turn-based battles and tongue-in-cheek dialogue. Despite boasting SNES standard graphics, the game feels miraculously timeless and is full of charm. An essential purchase.
Man, the last few weeks have been feeling so surreal! I hope the game finds lots more fans around the world thanks to this re-release
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to EarthBound Hits British Newspaper
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 1 GAME GUIDE BOOK FC NES Japanese 1
- ebisubaru: lol zack. you a funny guy.
- The Apple Kid: I’m not a surprised, but I’d be lying if I said, “I don’t think there is a petition in the world that has...
- Zack: The petitions…are absorbed…by the darkness.
- Justin: Iwata said they brought over EarthBound because of the Miiverse reaction and Project Rainfall rather clearly had an impact. I think Reggie...
- Gradon: I think that the Rainfall petition barely had an effect on Xenoblade coming over to the US. Nintendo of Europe are keen for niche games and...