EarthBound Video Collab Contest
Very recently a pre-release version of EarthBound hit eBay – you can check it out here. Here are some excerpts from the description:
This is a pre-production prototype of Earthbound for the SNES. There are very, very few of these known, and one hasn’t sold publicly on Ebay in recent history (personally, I’ve never seen one listed). When it comes to Earthbound collectibles, this is the grail of all grails! Do not miss your chance to snatch this up as you may never have the chance again!
If you are unfamiliar with who I am, my brother and I have the single largest NES prototype collection publicly for sale. Of all the rare and collectible games we have owned over the years, this very well may be the most desirable!
Click for more info & pics
A couple folks have asked me if this is real. There HAVE been a few known copies of EarthBound that look like this (in fact I have a quick thing about them here, but as they’re pretty easy to duplicate it’s always been tough to know if these protos are legit or not. Assuming the VGA actually has experience with these things, this might be a legitimate EarthBound prototype.
Actually, despite being called prototypes, as far as I know the known EarthBound cartridges that have looked like this have all been the exact same as the versions that were sold in stores, so they were most likely just review copies sent to various companies/organizations back in the day. Although it WOULD be really cool if one of these turns out to be non-final!
Also, although the listing is set at $15,000, the seller also says:
I am EXTREMELY motivated to sell this game. As much as I love it, I could really use the cash for other things right now. PLEASE do no hesitate to make an offer!
Guess the final price of the EarthBound prototype sounds like a new Price is Right game!
Other Related Posts:
40 Comments to Buy This Copy of EarthBound for $15,000
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...