Marcus Lindblom, the localization director behind EarthBound, has been actively in touch with a lot of folks in the EarthBound community, which is really cool – even I’ve chatted a few times with him online!
After the re-release of EarthBound on the Wii U last week, Wired recently published an interview with Marcus in which he discusses the process of localization, some of the choices and changes that were made, and even some stuff no one else has ever known about until now!
Check out the article here!
Other Related Posts:
31 Comments to An Interview with EarthBound’s Localization Director
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound - Tested - Works and Saves Perfectly - Game + Cover
- MysterySprite22: This is weird, but not as weird as the belly warmers. xD
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...
- something fuzzy: Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to...
- Supergamerk: I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman...
- Ostricho: Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen. EarthBound...