Weekly Round-Up #39
Marcus Lindblom, the localization director behind EarthBound, has been actively in touch with a lot of folks in the EarthBound community, which is really cool – even I’ve chatted a few times with him online!
After the re-release of EarthBound on the Wii U last week, Wired recently published an interview with Marcus in which he discusses the process of localization, some of the choices and changes that were made, and even some stuff no one else has ever known about until now!
Check out the article here!
Other Related Posts:
31 Comments to An Interview with EarthBound’s Localization Director
Featured Item on eBay:
Takara Tomy Mother 2 Gyiyg no Gyakushuu Phone Strap Figure Poo
- anon: I hope they add a 3D flying man to the game somehow, even as a trophy. It’s really cool to see Earthbound characters that were only...
- Mato: (After removing a number of comments) Okay, this is turning into a silly argument that’s unrelated to the topic at hand, so I’ll...
- JRokujuushi: Did three people seriously criticize his use of “it’s” when it was used correctly? If we substitute the words in...
- wvlfpvp: NekoKnight: It’s a username. Spelling is how you freaking want it to be. I replaced vowels with the consonant “v”...
- Anonymous: ^the final translation patch sounds fine, though. You always go on and on about how awkward it sounds, but it’s really not as bad...