Random Post:

Weekly Round-Up #37
Earthbound Super Nintendo SNES Cartridge Cart Game Earth Bound

July 31st, 2013 | EarthBound, Videos

Back when MOTHER 2 was released on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console I made a few videos showing what the Japanese Miiverse communities were like. Now that EarthBound has been released, I’ve gotten a few requests that I make a video of the EarthBound Miiverse stuff, so here you go!

(Don’t mind the Japanese stuff everywhere, it’s because I have a Japanese Wii U)

It’s been a while since I last did this so I think I probably scrolled through stuff a little too fast, particularly at the start :X Still, you can see how excited everyone is and how much fun everyone is having!

21 Comments to A Look at the EarthBound Miiverse Communities

Vukadin said on Jul. 31, 2013

That made me smile, thank you (To)Mato.

Kurmudgeon said on Jul. 31, 2013

(00:22) “Listen closely to the battle theme when fighting these piles of puke. You might be able to hear the Super Mario Bros. theme”

What?

Miles of SmashWiki said on Jul. 31, 2013

A lot of really cool stuff going on here. Pretty exciting.

And I swear, Mato, every time you post one of these you have a half-dozen remixes as background music that I can’t find anywhere else, haha.

Thedreaminhawk said on Jul. 31, 2013

I feel sad at all of the whiners there wanting MOTHER 4 when the creator doesn’t want it

Ness1985 said on Jul. 31, 2013

@Kurmudgeon It’s true 🙂

The Great Morgil said on Jul. 31, 2013

I’ve been posting an awful lot on this game, and normally i don’t use Miiverse that much. Sadly, though, i didn’t see any of my posts in this video. Still a great video, though. I Loled at Mato’s post at the beginning 😀

kenisu said on Jul. 31, 2013

Aw, none of my Miiverse drawings made it into the video 😛

Mato said on Jul. 31, 2013

I really should’ve checked out the Miiverse as soon as it opened, but man it’s a hassle to hook everything up and then unhook everything later 😛

EBisumaru said on Jul. 31, 2013

Kurmudgeon: He means this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M06EpsFQX3g&t=0m3s . It sounds like the opening to the SMB theme. It’s not note-for-note, but what are you gonna do?

PSIpunky said on Jul. 31, 2013

Why don’t you leave the system plugged in? Unless you don’t game much or if it get’s in the way.

I need to draw something one of these days. Before Nintendo made the anouncement, I did draw a few things about the Mother series in general.

Mato said on Jul. 31, 2013

I don’t game much – and when I do I don’t really need use of a Japanese Wii U. Plus I already have a million systems hooked up so it needed to go back into its hidey box recently.

Warpstar said on Jul. 31, 2013

I like that you finished it off with the Mother 3 opening music!

Some Canadian Fellow said on Jul. 31, 2013

There’s no way Nintendo can ignore the many pleas when it goes right to them.

Once I get the money, my Wii U is getting Earthbound and Kid Icarus.

Farmer T. said on Jul. 31, 2013

Ok, who’s the the one reviewer who doesn’t like Earthbound? who’s with me?

Justin said on Jul. 31, 2013

To you guys who didn’t see your posts on this video: that’s because there’s thousands and thousands of people playing this game and going nuts on Miiverse, which is awesome! Try to see the positive side of it 🙂

broomweed said on Jul. 31, 2013

I like the guy who posts a picture of the Sky Runner and says “The only thing missing now is time travel!” Oh, just you wait.

Sat said on Aug. 1, 2013

Señor Saturno’s music is pretty amazing. Where can I get all this?

Ring064 said on Aug. 1, 2013

14:40 got in another one of your vids again 😀

Tobxf said on Aug. 1, 2013

Hey Mato did you hear the news? EarthBound is at the top of the ‘‘Recent Bestsellers’’ chart on the E-Shop! And it’s fifth best-selling overall!

joe said on Aug. 1, 2013

i see my friend pengi in there!

EBisumaru said on Aug. 3, 2013

I agree with Sat, these are great remixes. Who made them?