Random Post:

IGN Plays MOTHER 3

June 9th, 2013 | EarthBound, Videos

Back in 2011, Shigesato Itoi tweeted that a professional tennis player by the name of Kei Nishikori carried around a Mr. Saturn plush for good luck.

I had missed that tweet, but Jack W. posted on the EarthBound Central Facebook page about it showing up on the Tennis Channel recently, so I did a quick search and found it here!

Capture

I guess he doesn’t know it’s called a Mr. Saturn in English – quick, someone get him a copy of EarthBound!

7 Comments to Professional Tennis Player and Mr. Saturn

pk kp said on Jun. 9, 2013

mr. saturn’s always getting knocked around 🙂

skyrunner14 said on Jun. 9, 2013

I want to know how I can get one of those. That’d be great!

BusterTheFox said on Jun. 10, 2013

Somehow, this reminds me of how the poor Mr. Saturns always get beaten up terribly in Super Smash Bros. I would love to see a Mr. Saturn Tennis ball, though… <3

gustr15 said on Jun. 10, 2013

@skyrunner14 You can get them on eBay. They are pretty expensive thou!

Shannon Carr said on Jun. 11, 2013

Aww! I LOVE MR SATURN! I’d like one for my birthday. It’s a while away though. It’s not until 1st September! PS I agree BusterTheFox. <3

SiAnnime said on Jun. 13, 2013

now I will carry a mr saturn around….if I had one.

Rina said on Aug. 17, 2013

Nishikori is huge here in Japan, he’s on the morning news a lot and doing commercials and all that. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this post.