June 22nd, 2013 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, Hacking, MOTHER 1

Work on the MOTHER remake hack continues, and one of the most recent developments is the game’s ending music! lucas_raphael has been working hard on recreating the song in EarthBound’s special music format, and here’s the latest version of it:

(download)

Keep in mind it’s not finalized yet (or at least I don’t think so), but even so, I’m really impressed and can’t wait for this hack to get released eventually :D

If you want to keep up with all the little details and progress of the project, keep an eye out here!

18 Comments to MOTHER Remake Hack Ending Song Preview

VyseOfLegends9001 said on Jun. 22, 2013

As soon as this Hack comes out, I’m going to LP it. I’ve only played Mother 1 once and I didn’t really care for it. This hack will give me a reason to play Mother 1 again.

EarthBoundRules said on Jun. 22, 2013

This is amazing. Even the minor changes made from the original track work really well.

Blah said on Jun. 22, 2013

Hum. How much will this change from the original game?
Mother 1 was practically perfect already, I seriously hope it’s only a graphical update.
Kind of wish they had stuck with the original music too…

SunshineWaker said on Jun. 22, 2013

This is sooo good.
This music, alongside “All That I Needed Was You”, is the best one from the original game! Glad it had the right treatment! I could see a few improvements, but really only minor things, so it’s ok!
So excited to play this!! :p

Pengo said on Jun. 22, 2013

I shed a tear…this is…amazing…

September said on Jun. 22, 2013

Absolutely amazing, I love it! I almost teared up, too. :P

refat17 said on Jun. 22, 2013

Should I just play mother or wait for this because one thing that turns me off from playing it is the battle system being reminiscent of old rpg’s. I love the scrolling health and the enemy encounter system of mother 3 and earthbound. Graphical improvement is also a great bonus! And maybe change the way you interact with things to be more simple, but i can deal with how it works in mother 1.

vince94 said on Jun. 22, 2013

About a week ago, I finished the Credits/Airplane song. The music sure is getting done quickly. I can’t wait to hear it in-game!

G.Wicks said on Jun. 22, 2013

Absolutrly neautiful. This is a favorite song of mine, and this version is fantastio! Nice job!!!

Ness1985 said on Jun. 22, 2013

Sounds amazing, dat SNES soundchip!

Douche Mcallister said on Jun. 22, 2013

I’m sooo gonna play this. :)
I doubt it’ll have the same heart and soul as the original (The first 2 games are MASTERPIECES), but it’ll be totally fun and quench my thirst for a new Mother game.

Permafry_42 said on Jun. 23, 2013

Fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work you are putting into this amazing remake!

Prayer For Safety said on Jun. 23, 2013

That sounds really great. Can’t wait to play the game :).

Ami-chan said on Jun. 23, 2013

lovely! can’t wait until it’s done! :)

FlyingManCourage said on Jun. 23, 2013

I must confess, all the awesomeness of this idea and its current progress aside, I REALLY REALLY admire the how everyone involved with this has stuck with it and continued to persevere. The cynic in me thought this would lose steam a long time ago and I am really impressed with everybody for sticking with this formidable project.

Godspeed and I hope those of you who have put so much work and effort into this are able to enjoy the final result even more than the countless excited fans who will flock to play it. ROCK ON!

Shannon Carr said on Jun. 25, 2013

Earthbound Central needs more sound tapes. I love the music in the Mother games!

Kaden said on Jul. 11, 2013

i loved it :) cant wait til the hack comes out! i am a HUGE mother fan beat all the games at least about 5 or 6 times

nicho said on Jul. 24, 2013

They should have a secret where you put in a code when it asks the name of something, that would allow you to hear the old music. Great work though!