June 4th, 2013 | MOTHER 3

The Brazilian Portuguese translation of MOTHER 3 has been in the works for many years, and at last it’s been released! Check it out here!

Congratulations to TragicManner and everyone on the translation team, and thanks to Jeffman and sblur for organizing everything and making the patcher program. And double-extra thanks to Jeffman for also doing so much extra hacking work for this translation over so many months. Now even more people can enjoy MOTHER 3 thanks to all of you guys 😀

36 Comments to MOTHER 3 Brazilian Portuguese Translation Released

Alxprit said on Jun. 4, 2013

Wow, that’s great! If I ever wanted my parents to play this game, now they can, even though they speak the native dialect and not the Brazilian one…

Evan said on Jun. 4, 2013

This has nothing to do with me at all, but I’m so happy this has released. This game deserves to be experienced the world over, and now it’s one more step closer to doing so. Great work!

Kaoov said on Jun. 4, 2013

Yeaah! Now I can play with no troubles! *–*

Alex Foffano said on Jun. 4, 2013

Oh, look! It’s my baby! =D

Marlon Leal said on Jun. 4, 2013

Wow, that’s just amazing! I live in Brazil, and I’ve been following this project over 2 years now, and I even thought they’d given up! Now my brothers who don’t speak english can enjoy this amazing game 😀

TragicManner said on Jun. 4, 2013

Glad to see so much positive support, and it’s awesome to see this up on earthboundcentral 😀 Thanks!

Foffano and I really have been trying to get things just right before release and we’ve definitely gotten some great help from Jeffman and sblur, among others. It’s good to see it finally be out there for people to enjoy!

Prayer For Safety said on Jun. 4, 2013

That’s great to see. Now even more people get to enjoy the game.

Halloween said on Jun. 4, 2013

Congrats, it’s awesome that there’s such a demand for it. I hope everyone plays it!

FlyingManCourage said on Jun. 4, 2013

This is awesome that there is now a version of Mother 3 for Portugese-speaking individuals. I love to see these different translations released so that everyone can enjoy Mother 3. Way to go TragicManner, sblur, JeffMan, and Mato. You guys are a true asset to the Mother 3 community.

Gooptek said on Jun. 4, 2013

Finally, I’m so happy to see this finally get released. I also have been following the project for a long time, so I’m happy to see they finally made it.

@FlyingManCOurage: Don’t forget Foffano, which always kept us (The EB Brasil followers) updated about the translation progress, and please correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he was the one who translated the main text of the game. Just pointing it out.

Alex.Saturn said on Jun. 4, 2013

so hopefully the game more known

TragicManner said on Jun. 4, 2013

@Gooptek Yes, Foffano translated the main script. Or at least revised all of it at translated 99% of it :P. I did some translation, but mostly with graphics and an occasional thing here and there. Mother 3 is a project that Foffano is really passionate about, and his work was amazing!

Earthboundbrasil is my project/website, and one I started a while back. I’ve been really busy recently, so Foffano really did a great job keeping people up to date for a long while. So much so that most people think my blog posts are Foffano’s as well, haha. It’s good, he’s a great community leader.

I’ve got more time now, and I’ll be much more active about giving updates on the site, especially in terms of our progress on Earthbound. I really want to get that game to everyone, and I want everyone to know where we are at 😀

2Sang said on Jun. 4, 2013

Awesome someday I want to learn Portuguese then I can play it in Portuguese! How many languages is mother 3 in now btw?
Spanish
English
Portuguese
French
Did they ever finish the german translation?

Anonymous said on Jun. 4, 2013

@2Sang
There’s also a translation in Mandarin.

Aglio said on Jun. 4, 2013

All Mother fans in Brazil thank you, Foffano! Let’s play now!

TragicManner said on Jun. 4, 2013

I had no idea that Mandarin and French had translations, I’d love to check those out and recommend them to a few friends of mine! Anyone have links to them?

Vukadin said on Jun. 4, 2013

Just wanted to point out that European Portugese and Brazilian Portugese are vastly different, maybe to the point of being two seperate languages.

Excellent work, by the way!

Shannon Carr said on Jun. 5, 2013

Wow! That’s pretty awesome, isn’t it everyone? Now, they just need to make a UK version of Mother 3. Maybe Ness will be more popular than Rayman or Spyro?

FlyingManCourage said on Jun. 5, 2013

Well congratulations and way to go to Fofanno, also!

Shannon Carr said on Jun. 5, 2013

Anyone wanna chat about Mr Saturn’s & their mystical coffee? LOL 🙂

PK Derp said on Jun. 5, 2013

@Shannon Carr What do you mean make a UK version. I’m from Ireland which is right next to the UK and both Ireland and UK speak english as their first language. (Ireland isn’t apart of the UK but since we are so close we are ofter associated with it) In Ireland there are some small areas that only speak Irish but most of Ireland only speaks english. I myself know very little Irish. The same is for Wales and Scotland, I think some small areas speak the native language but most only speak english. So a UK version of Mother 3 would be 99% identical to the “American” version. As we do spell 1 or 2 words differently in Europe such as “colour” instead of “color” and “flavour” instead of “flavor”.

PK Derp said on Jun. 5, 2013

*often. Also what has Rayman or Syro got to do anything? They haven’t been that popular since the end of the PS1.

PK Derp said on Jun. 5, 2013

God damn it! Mato I sincerely apologise for the triple post. *Spyro

gBev said on Jun. 5, 2013

@2Sang
Other than this version and the Spanish version, weren’t all of the other translations dropped at some point? Maybe that’s changed by now, but I remember the French and German projects being dead years ago.

domflo said on Jun. 5, 2013

The German project is sorta active at the moment, but it was basically rebootet by V-King after being dropped by the first translation team. V-King apparently has been busy for some time now, effectively stalling the project for a while (as he works on it alone). But it is still going, and even if V-King would not be able to complete the project, I would be absolutely willing to continue the task. So there will be a German version sooner or later. The French translation, however, seems to be dead at the moment.

lucki_vibrato said on Jun. 5, 2013

They forgot to translate the “Total Damage” heheheh
Finally it’s released, the translation is very good.

mystery man said on Jun. 5, 2013

Parabens, rapaziada! Ficou muito legal!

Well done! From what I can see, this is a top notch job. The idiomatic expressions they chose are on par with what the Earthbound fans are used to already. Thumbs up!

Shannon Carr said on Jun. 6, 2013

PK Derp, what I mean by ‘UK version’ is that it officaly get’s released in the UK/Ireland without importing it online. Oh, sorry for mentioning Spyro & Rayman. I was just thinking that Ness could be up there with some of ‘Gamings legends’.

Hukky said on Jun. 6, 2013

Speaking of MOTHER 3 translations, whatever happened to that Chinese translation? It was about 85% finished when Mato posted about it a couple of years back.

BRBRBRBRRBR said on Jun. 6, 2013

HUEHUE version!Congratz!

Casgair said on Jun. 6, 2013

As far as I can gather the Chinese translation has been released as around 95-97% complete; a few things are in Japanese (such as character naming) or perhaps English (such as the title menu and images), but the in-game text has all been translated. Haven’t played through it though, so I cannot verify with absolute certainty.

Anonymous said on Jun. 6, 2013

I know this isn’t on topic about or related with this recently released translation, but yesterday was the 18th anniversary of EarthBound’s release in America, did any people celebrate?

Clowkero said on Jun. 6, 2013

WOW! Awesome! Now Brazil Can Enjoy It Too!
MOTHER3 WILL DOMINATE THE WORLD!!!
PD: Have You Ever Noticed That Most Of The People That Comment Here Have Good Ortography?

Po.B.R.E. RomHackers said on Jun. 9, 2013

Amazing job guys, we will inform the news at Brazilian Romhacking Scene!

Cheers.

lucki_vibrato said on Jun. 12, 2013

The text is more funny hehehe