Mr. Saturn Peanut Cheese Bars
Back in 2003, before MOTHER 1+2 was released, Shigesato Itoi got together with the composers for MOTHER 1 and 2 and asked them to talk about their experiences, as well as suggest a bunch of music albums for fans to listen to after playing through the games.
The resulting Japanese article was a lot of text though, so for 10 years nobody really got around to translating it all… until now, thanks to Iwant and Chewy!
Here’s a sample from the text:
He may not have much of a presence nowadays, but Prince blended musical genres together. In a way, MOTHER did, too. I like his moves, it was like watching a monkey when I saw him on video. His level of concentration and the instantaneous force he held when diving into music-making was incredible. There’s not an explicit feel of funk in the game, but once in a while it’ll show its face through the bass phrases and rhythm. If you feel a little fun-kay! when you’re playing MOTHER, that’s why.
Check out the entire translated article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to EarthBound and Music Inspirations
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY