EB Origins Screenplay Update
Back in 2003, before MOTHER 1+2 was released, Shigesato Itoi got together with the composers for MOTHER 1 and 2 and asked them to talk about their experiences, as well as suggest a bunch of music albums for fans to listen to after playing through the games.
The resulting Japanese article was a lot of text though, so for 10 years nobody really got around to translating it all… until now, thanks to Iwant and Chewy!
Here’s a sample from the text:
He may not have much of a presence nowadays, but Prince blended musical genres together. In a way, MOTHER did, too. I like his moves, it was like watching a monkey when I saw him on video. His level of concentration and the instantaneous force he held when diving into music-making was incredible. There’s not an explicit feel of funk in the game, but once in a while it’ll show its face through the bass phrases and rhythm. If you feel a little fun-kay! when you’re playing MOTHER, that’s why.
Check out the entire translated article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to EarthBound and Music Inspirations
- Chivi-chivik: Actually that’s a GREAT idea if you’re thinking of making a story/game with battles and/or enemies. Making villains that...
- Mato: Okay, this is the end of this.
- Anonymous: I wonder if they were remade wed see what the original final battle in Mother 3 would be like.. Anyways ahem, Mother 3 came into mind...
- Anonymous: Itoi is awesome, thats pretty cool. Now wouldn’t it be cool if they remade all the Mother games into one collection and released...
- Oh My: Anonymous, you’re getting hostile and rude. You’re not winning any arguments like that. “It’s true though…” My I...