Looking for EarthBound Desktops
Back in 2003, before MOTHER 1+2 was released, Shigesato Itoi got together with the composers for MOTHER 1 and 2 and asked them to talk about their experiences, as well as suggest a bunch of music albums for fans to listen to after playing through the games.
The resulting Japanese article was a lot of text though, so for 10 years nobody really got around to translating it all… until now, thanks to Iwant and Chewy!
Here’s a sample from the text:
He may not have much of a presence nowadays, but Prince blended musical genres together. In a way, MOTHER did, too. I like his moves, it was like watching a monkey when I saw him on video. His level of concentration and the instantaneous force he held when diving into music-making was incredible. There’s not an explicit feel of funk in the game, but once in a while it’ll show its face through the bass phrases and rhythm. If you feel a little fun-kay! when you’re playing MOTHER, that’s why.
Check out the entire translated article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to EarthBound and Music Inspirations
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?