Defeating Giygas Without Praying
Back in 2003, before MOTHER 1+2 was released, Shigesato Itoi got together with the composers for MOTHER 1 and 2 and asked them to talk about their experiences, as well as suggest a bunch of music albums for fans to listen to after playing through the games.
The resulting Japanese article was a lot of text though, so for 10 years nobody really got around to translating it all… until now, thanks to Iwant and Chewy!
Here’s a sample from the text:
He may not have much of a presence nowadays, but Prince blended musical genres together. In a way, MOTHER did, too. I like his moves, it was like watching a monkey when I saw him on video. His level of concentration and the instantaneous force he held when diving into music-making was incredible. There’s not an explicit feel of funk in the game, but once in a while it’ll show its face through the bass phrases and rhythm. If you feel a little fun-kay! when you’re playing MOTHER, that’s why.
Check out the entire translated article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to EarthBound and Music Inspirations
- Isaiah Vinson: I already finished Mother 2 then, Mother 3 and finally Mother 1. And now all I have to do is to wait till Mother 4 released. I...
- Nick97: But will it keep all the funny alt text on the images?! I’m really excited for this, especially if you also get done a Mother 3 book....
- Blue-streaker: What about the mother 3 legends of localization? Is it getting a book too?
- itoi: In some case of coincidence I heard rumours MOTHER 4 will be on Nintendo eShop(3DS or Wii u)?
- UbaNess: Congratulations on the Kickstarter success! Proud to be a backer and can’t wait for the goodies