EB Saga DVD + Poster!
Back in 2003, before MOTHER 1+2 was released, Shigesato Itoi got together with the composers for MOTHER 1 and 2 and asked them to talk about their experiences, as well as suggest a bunch of music albums for fans to listen to after playing through the games.
The resulting Japanese article was a lot of text though, so for 10 years nobody really got around to translating it all… until now, thanks to Iwant and Chewy!
Here’s a sample from the text:
He may not have much of a presence nowadays, but Prince blended musical genres together. In a way, MOTHER did, too. I like his moves, it was like watching a monkey when I saw him on video. His level of concentration and the instantaneous force he held when diving into music-making was incredible. There’s not an explicit feel of funk in the game, but once in a while it’ll show its face through the bass phrases and rhythm. If you feel a little fun-kay! when you’re playing MOTHER, that’s why.
Check out the entire translated article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to EarthBound and Music Inspirations
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Comic #2 Manga Book Street Fighter II Zelda Earthbound Samurai Shodown Feda
- Queue: I have no problem with Yahtzee. It’s just one guy’s opinion and he presents it in a quick and generally funny way. I don’t...
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: Oh cool another game reviewer who will reinforce my views on EarthBound. Enjoying a game by myself is not enough. I...
- MOTHER Fanatic: Happy 25th Birthday to a game meant for a generation of gamers who appreciated having to work to be strong enough to progress in...
- Chivi-chivik: That guy is just a manchild that must grow up ASAP. (Not saying this because of the review, but because of him. I dislike him so much)
- Helio: I never understood this show. Why is bashing on a game without any particular reason is entertaining to some people?