Saturn Valley Music Box in Action
Back in 2003, before MOTHER 1+2 was released, Shigesato Itoi got together with the composers for MOTHER 1 and 2 and asked them to talk about their experiences, as well as suggest a bunch of music albums for fans to listen to after playing through the games.
The resulting Japanese article was a lot of text though, so for 10 years nobody really got around to translating it all… until now, thanks to Iwant and Chewy!
Here’s a sample from the text:
He may not have much of a presence nowadays, but Prince blended musical genres together. In a way, MOTHER did, too. I like his moves, it was like watching a monkey when I saw him on video. His level of concentration and the instantaneous force he held when diving into music-making was incredible. There’s not an explicit feel of funk in the game, but once in a while it’ll show its face through the bass phrases and rhythm. If you feel a little fun-kay! when you’re playing MOTHER, that’s why.
Check out the entire translated article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to EarthBound and Music Inspirations
Featured Item on eBay:
Mother 2 / 3 / Earthbound Nintendo Prepaid Card 2000 Japan
- Icedude545: I really hope Nintendo does Americanize it and take the sissyness out Haha Come-on Podunk is alot cooler than Mothersday in Earthbound...
- yellowyOshi398: I like this. It runs the gamut of your usual Mother-esque choices while also throwing in some more obscure games that are still...
- Jerky: Again, as awesome of a job as the translation team did, NOA using a fan translation would seem really unprofessional on their part....
- Paul: Until Nintendo gives Mato a cease-and-desist order about the fan translation (at the very least), I’m not convinced that they’re...
- Paul: Didn’t Mato say that he had offered to give the code for the fan translation to Nintendo? Would Nintendo have any reason not to accept...