EarthBound Promo Merch Overload!
Back in 2003, before MOTHER 1+2 was released, Shigesato Itoi got together with the composers for MOTHER 1 and 2 and asked them to talk about their experiences, as well as suggest a bunch of music albums for fans to listen to after playing through the games.
The resulting Japanese article was a lot of text though, so for 10 years nobody really got around to translating it all… until now, thanks to Iwant and Chewy!
Here’s a sample from the text:
He may not have much of a presence nowadays, but Prince blended musical genres together. In a way, MOTHER did, too. I like his moves, it was like watching a monkey when I saw him on video. His level of concentration and the instantaneous force he held when diving into music-making was incredible. There’s not an explicit feel of funk in the game, but once in a while it’ll show its face through the bass phrases and rhythm. If you feel a little fun-kay! when you’re playing MOTHER, that’s why.
Check out the entire translated article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to EarthBound and Music Inspirations
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER Urawaza Daizenshu Ketteiban Strategy Game Guide Book w/Map Japan FM1472*
- BusterTheFox: If there is DLC for this game, I think Lucas is more than likely to appear. And just because he has a trophy in the game...
- Mato: I’d be willing to do a few, but with so many characters and franchises and such I don’t think I’d have time/energy to do...
- anon: Hey man, those are some nice screengrabs you got. Will you be willing to do some more for the other franchises and stuff? Those rips are...
- STARM: I’m sad that Onett wasn’t in this one and that Lucas was cut, But the Magicant stage MORE than made up for that. I’ve...
- project-stuff: I’m really liking the Mother content here so far. Kinda bummed that Lucas isn’t playable. I’m just one of the very...