Avoiding the Fourside Blackout
Back in 2003, before MOTHER 1+2 was released, Shigesato Itoi got together with the composers for MOTHER 1 and 2 and asked them to talk about their experiences, as well as suggest a bunch of music albums for fans to listen to after playing through the games.
The resulting Japanese article was a lot of text though, so for 10 years nobody really got around to translating it all… until now, thanks to Iwant and Chewy!
Here’s a sample from the text:
He may not have much of a presence nowadays, but Prince blended musical genres together. In a way, MOTHER did, too. I like his moves, it was like watching a monkey when I saw him on video. His level of concentration and the instantaneous force he held when diving into music-making was incredible. There’s not an explicit feel of funk in the game, but once in a while it’ll show its face through the bass phrases and rhythm. If you feel a little fun-kay! when you’re playing MOTHER, that’s why.
Check out the entire translated article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to EarthBound and Music Inspirations
Featured Item on eBay:
Nintendo Game Boy MOTHER 3 MICRO Console System Brand new Deluxe Box OXY001 2205
- Claus: You can vote more than once. Vote for Masked Man too!
- That one dumb guy.: GUYS VOTE FOR KUMATORA RIGHT NOW SO THE MOTHER SERIES WILL BE NOTICED WITH 3 REPS.
- Mariotti: GUYS LUCAS JUST GOT ANNOUNCED FOR SMASH 4
- SuperGamingbro64: Also, that video jwittz posted about the similarities between Mother and pokemon should be up on the site soon
- SuperGamingbro64: Well, looks like made has some work to do, after that Nintendo direct.