EarthBound Listed by Australian Ratings Board
Back in 2003, before MOTHER 1+2 was released, Shigesato Itoi got together with the composers for MOTHER 1 and 2 and asked them to talk about their experiences, as well as suggest a bunch of music albums for fans to listen to after playing through the games.
The resulting Japanese article was a lot of text though, so for 10 years nobody really got around to translating it all… until now, thanks to Iwant and Chewy!
Here’s a sample from the text:
He may not have much of a presence nowadays, but Prince blended musical genres together. In a way, MOTHER did, too. I like his moves, it was like watching a monkey when I saw him on video. His level of concentration and the instantaneous force he held when diving into music-making was incredible. There’s not an explicit feel of funk in the game, but once in a while it’ll show its face through the bass phrases and rhythm. If you feel a little fun-kay! when you’re playing MOTHER, that’s why.
Check out the entire translated article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to EarthBound and Music Inspirations
- Arthur: I’ve found this interesting interview of Miyamoto talking about Mother 3 64… This has already been posted, right?...
- Macreen: Selling his belongings just to piss him off. Wow, what a asshole.
- Traiver: @GSUser I’m actually planning for an Arabic translation for Mother 3, I even prepared a Mr. Saturn font (but I’m still trying...
- Spark: When I’ll learn in 100% assembly language you have no permission to play EarthBound GBA Remake.Only I’ll give permission to...
- Kevin Claus: Hah nice! I got a mention on the show! The story is more or less true. I wanted to attend the entire weekend, then I was asked to be a...