EB Origins Screenplay Update
The other day I posted an old MOTHER 1+2 interview that EarthBound fan “Iwant” had translated into English (see here). Well here’s a new MOTHER 1+2 interview translation, this time with Kouichi Ohyama, MOTHER 2′s art director!
Here’s an excerpt:
In truth, I still do not understand very well this popularity surrounding MOTHER2′s artworks. I feel it is no different from any other game. I also believe that it does not reach a professional level, strictly speaking. In a certain way, could I say we may even consider them as amateurish or just foolish? In the end, unable to rival the pros, I had no other choice but to fight with my own colors and that maybe is what gives to MOTHER2 this different and original aspect.
It’s a really interesting read, so give it a look!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to A Discussion with MOTHER 2′s Art Director
- Chivi-chivik: Actually that’s a GREAT idea if you’re thinking of making a story/game with battles and/or enemies. Making villains that...
- Mato: Okay, this is the end of this.
- Anonymous: I wonder if they were remade wed see what the original final battle in Mother 3 would be like.. Anyways ahem, Mother 3 came into mind...
- Anonymous: Itoi is awesome, thats pretty cool. Now wouldn’t it be cool if they remade all the Mother games into one collection and released...
- Oh My: Anonymous, you’re getting hostile and rude. You’re not winning any arguments like that. “It’s true though…” My I...