Itoi Looks Back at MOTHER
The other day I posted an old MOTHER 1+2 interview that EarthBound fan “Iwant” had translated into English (see here). Well here’s a new MOTHER 1+2 interview translation, this time with Kouichi Ohyama, MOTHER 2’s art director!
Here’s an excerpt:
In truth, I still do not understand very well this popularity surrounding MOTHER2’s artworks. I feel it is no different from any other game. I also believe that it does not reach a professional level, strictly speaking. In a certain way, could I say we may even consider them as amateurish or just foolish? In the end, unable to rival the pros, I had no other choice but to fight with my own colors and that maybe is what gives to MOTHER2 this different and original aspect.
It’s a really interesting read, so give it a look!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to A Discussion with MOTHER 2’s Art Director
Featured Item on eBay:
GBA Game Boy Advance MOTHER 3 EarthBound with box and instruction
- neonix: It’s a Mr. Saturn enema bag…
- neonix: I think it only makes sense for Magicant to also be in the Wii U version. They said that exclusive stages for each game would be ones based...
- AConcernedGamer: Keep in mind that a Masterpiece does not necessarily need to begin at the time that the guest console is booting up. Super Smash...
- MysterySprite22: This is weird, but not as weird as the belly warmers. xD
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...