The other day I posted an old MOTHER 1+2 interview that EarthBound fan “Iwant” had translated into English (see here). Well here’s a new MOTHER 1+2 interview translation, this time with Kouichi Ohyama, MOTHER 2’s art director!
Here’s an excerpt:
In truth, I still do not understand very well this popularity surrounding MOTHER2’s artworks. I feel it is no different from any other game. I also believe that it does not reach a professional level, strictly speaking. In a certain way, could I say we may even consider them as amateurish or just foolish? In the end, unable to rival the pros, I had no other choice but to fight with my own colors and that maybe is what gives to MOTHER2 this different and original aspect.
It’s a really interesting read, so give it a look!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to A Discussion with MOTHER 2’s Art Director
- Covarr: Aww, when you hadn’t responded to the rumors before, I’d kinda been hoping there was an NDA involved. I guess this means...
- Robfozz: I hope Nintendo doesn’t alter the source material too much. I can easily see things like Magypsies and the Mermen being censored or...
- Anonymous: Aw, I was taking you being so quiet about this as a sign that you knew something you didn’t want us to know yet or maybe were...
- dogeat ameme (formally known as swifter43): good to see a response on this from you mato
- Noah: If you weren’t also busy working on the EarthBound book, I’d suspect that you were maybe working with Nintendo on the M3...