How MOTHER 3 Saved…
The other day I posted an old MOTHER 1+2 interview that EarthBound fan “Iwant” had translated into English (see here). Well here’s a new MOTHER 1+2 interview translation, this time with Kouichi Ohyama, MOTHER 2′s art director!
Here’s an excerpt:
In truth, I still do not understand very well this popularity surrounding MOTHER2′s artworks. I feel it is no different from any other game. I also believe that it does not reach a professional level, strictly speaking. In a certain way, could I say we may even consider them as amateurish or just foolish? In the end, unable to rival the pros, I had no other choice but to fight with my own colors and that maybe is what gives to MOTHER2 this different and original aspect.
It’s a really interesting read, so give it a look!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to A Discussion with MOTHER 2′s Art Director
- Anonymous: Sorry for the stupid question, but what is a planner? I’m not a native English-speaker, and that’s the first time I...
- UbaNess: Would love to buy one of these!
- BoaTransistor: Chivi-chivik, the listing is now up on the techo site: http://www.1101.com/store/tech o/2015/detail_cover/c_p_mother 2.html The...
- Chivi-chivik: I need to know how much does this cost so I can get one O_O
- JBRC: As for the MOTHER 2 side… I’ll make a post on my blog about this sometime, but even if the GBA had top-notch sound quality, it...