EarthBound Misspellings & Mistakes
The other day I posted an old MOTHER 1+2 interview that EarthBound fan “Iwant” had translated into English (see here). Well here’s a new MOTHER 1+2 interview translation, this time with Kouichi Ohyama, MOTHER 2’s art director!
Here’s an excerpt:
In truth, I still do not understand very well this popularity surrounding MOTHER2’s artworks. I feel it is no different from any other game. I also believe that it does not reach a professional level, strictly speaking. In a certain way, could I say we may even consider them as amateurish or just foolish? In the end, unable to rival the pros, I had no other choice but to fight with my own colors and that maybe is what gives to MOTHER2 this different and original aspect.
It’s a really interesting read, so give it a look!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to A Discussion with MOTHER 2’s Art Director
- Jimshrimp: I like the pixel version more actually, it seems more authentic to the series, also like was brought up it’s probably less taxing...
- BhekzinTARI: What’s really going on in this world people?
- EBisumaru: The flying men are OP. Also, I don’t know how you enjoy any of these stages, EpicJackman. They’re mostly terrible.
- DJMankiewicz: Video games have hit the MAIN stream now!
- Bakersfield: I think Lucas is going to be DLC Oniglut