MOTHER Marathon for Charity
The other day I posted an old MOTHER 1+2 interview that EarthBound fan “Iwant” had translated into English (see here). Well here’s a new MOTHER 1+2 interview translation, this time with Kouichi Ohyama, MOTHER 2′s art director!
Here’s an excerpt:
In truth, I still do not understand very well this popularity surrounding MOTHER2′s artworks. I feel it is no different from any other game. I also believe that it does not reach a professional level, strictly speaking. In a certain way, could I say we may even consider them as amateurish or just foolish? In the end, unable to rival the pros, I had no other choice but to fight with my own colors and that maybe is what gives to MOTHER2 this different and original aspect.
It’s a really interesting read, so give it a look!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to A Discussion with MOTHER 2′s Art Director
Featured Item on eBay:
Strategy Guide ~ Earthbound - Nintendo Player's Guide
- Mato: In that case, you should patch it manually using a different program like Tsukuyomi: http://www.romhacking.net/util ities/519/ The .ups file...
- Midna: Not to besmirch Mother 1′s good name or anything, but I’d say we’re coming up on the definitive version of the game. I...
- Raiden: I just downloaded the patch from your website Mato. I tried it today but it said “The application failed to initilize properly...
- DJMankiewicz: Snake? Snake? Snaaaaake! The best part about this sort of project is the removal of some outdated gameplay annoyances like random...
- BusterTheFox: Woo, Hip Snake! …I can’t help reading H.S. as Hip Snake. It’s a TWEWY thing… anyway! This looks so cool! Even...