MOTHER 1+2 Translation Hard Ring
The other day I posted an old MOTHER 1+2 interview that EarthBound fan “Iwant” had translated into English (see here). Well here’s a new MOTHER 1+2 interview translation, this time with Kouichi Ohyama, MOTHER 2′s art director!
Here’s an excerpt:
In truth, I still do not understand very well this popularity surrounding MOTHER2′s artworks. I feel it is no different from any other game. I also believe that it does not reach a professional level, strictly speaking. In a certain way, could I say we may even consider them as amateurish or just foolish? In the end, unable to rival the pros, I had no other choice but to fight with my own colors and that maybe is what gives to MOTHER2 this different and original aspect.
It’s a really interesting read, so give it a look!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to A Discussion with MOTHER 2′s Art Director
Leave a reply
- MagikoopaMaster: 2013 really was a good year for the series wasn’t it?
- 2Sang: It would be really nice if there was a club nintendo reward like a poster or something earthbound-related.
- Nessentially: I’m mostly interested in getting the rare one since it’s a character that hasn’t had a figure yet, but I’ll...
- NinjaCheese: I hope they are cheap when they start to hit eBay. I really hope nintendo releases some UK/Europe Earthbound merchandise sometime...
- 2Sang: So they’re about $2 US each? With shipping and markups we’ll probably pay $5-10 each. That’s not bad for earthbound...