MOTHER Soundtracks on Japanese iTunes
The other day I posted an old MOTHER 1+2 interview that EarthBound fan “Iwant” had translated into English (see here). Well here’s a new MOTHER 1+2 interview translation, this time with Kouichi Ohyama, MOTHER 2’s art director!
Here’s an excerpt:
In truth, I still do not understand very well this popularity surrounding MOTHER2’s artworks. I feel it is no different from any other game. I also believe that it does not reach a professional level, strictly speaking. In a certain way, could I say we may even consider them as amateurish or just foolish? In the end, unable to rival the pros, I had no other choice but to fight with my own colors and that maybe is what gives to MOTHER2 this different and original aspect.
It’s a really interesting read, so give it a look!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to A Discussion with MOTHER 2’s Art Director
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound SNES Game cartridge and Strategy Guide/Instruction Manual
- Breeman: I managed to get the Giygas red edition since they notified all Kickstarter backers a day before pre-orders went up. I pledged for the...
- jeffmaxwell: Ahh I see! Shortly after I left that comment, I checked the site again and actually snagged both the Cast cover and the Saturn Valley...
- Saeh saeh: Reading past reviews of last year’s onett cover most didn’t get it until November so I think they’ll ship Oct anyways...
- Bionic: Yeah, early this morning they got the cast planner back in stock, but it doesn’t ship till mid-Oct. The site really slowed down...
- Saeh saeh: The pouches and other mr saturn stuff is available October 1st