The Hirokazu Tanaka Song
The other day I posted an old MOTHER 1+2 interview that EarthBound fan “Iwant” had translated into English (see here). Well here’s a new MOTHER 1+2 interview translation, this time with Kouichi Ohyama, MOTHER 2′s art director!
Here’s an excerpt:
In truth, I still do not understand very well this popularity surrounding MOTHER2′s artworks. I feel it is no different from any other game. I also believe that it does not reach a professional level, strictly speaking. In a certain way, could I say we may even consider them as amateurish or just foolish? In the end, unable to rival the pros, I had no other choice but to fight with my own colors and that maybe is what gives to MOTHER2 this different and original aspect.
It’s a really interesting read, so give it a look!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to A Discussion with MOTHER 2′s Art Director
- Leeaux: Well Mother Anniversary.. I certainly wish you were getting more Smash love right now. Or an English release. But you know, the former is...
- Jungyin: Doesn’t Yahtzee love Metroid Prime though? He also likes Eternal Darkness, which isn’t Nintendo made but was exclusively on a...
- MikAve94: The subtleties of sarcasm goes over some people’s heads. Oh well, to their own.
- AwelCruiz: Yahtzee doesn’t have a bias against Nintendo. If anything, he doesn’t have a PRO Nintendo bias, since he didn’t grow...
- Mato: Yeah, I planned to make that a separate update, actually. I have lots of stuff to catch up with