Mr. Saturn Says, “This is a test.”
The other day I posted an old MOTHER 1+2 interview that EarthBound fan “Iwant” had translated into English (see here). Well here’s a new MOTHER 1+2 interview translation, this time with Kouichi Ohyama, MOTHER 2’s art director!
Here’s an excerpt:
In truth, I still do not understand very well this popularity surrounding MOTHER2’s artworks. I feel it is no different from any other game. I also believe that it does not reach a professional level, strictly speaking. In a certain way, could I say we may even consider them as amateurish or just foolish? In the end, unable to rival the pros, I had no other choice but to fight with my own colors and that maybe is what gives to MOTHER2 this different and original aspect.
It’s a really interesting read, so give it a look!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to A Discussion with MOTHER 2’s Art Director
- Matt: This is the same weekend as EVO 2015.
- Adam: I hope Ness didn’t abandon the Cookie.
- Dr.x: Eventing I look at this. I really wish I had one of those boxes. I’m sure if they sold these people on this website or starmen.net...
- Dr.x: I wonder how many of these are still exist.
- MOTHERFAN77: Looks Great! I saw this on YouTube a couple of weeks ago. Ever since I heard it sings the Eight Melodies I wanted it since the Eight...