MOTHER MIDI Animation
The other day I posted an old MOTHER 1+2 interview that EarthBound fan “Iwant” had translated into English (see here). Well here’s a new MOTHER 1+2 interview translation, this time with Kouichi Ohyama, MOTHER 2′s art director!
Here’s an excerpt:
In truth, I still do not understand very well this popularity surrounding MOTHER2′s artworks. I feel it is no different from any other game. I also believe that it does not reach a professional level, strictly speaking. In a certain way, could I say we may even consider them as amateurish or just foolish? In the end, unable to rival the pros, I had no other choice but to fight with my own colors and that maybe is what gives to MOTHER2 this different and original aspect.
It’s a really interesting read, so give it a look!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to A Discussion with MOTHER 2′s Art Director
Leave a reply
- Raiden: Alright I hate to be a chatty cathy but let me narrow it down: Since it’s not official it shouldn’t be called Mother 4? So let...
- Raiden: Maybe I’m just stupid!lol
- Raiden: I have never called your opinion stupid Oh My. I’m just trying to understand it.
- OtherLurkingBlue: We should all be really upset about video games.
- Oh My: Anonymous, you’re basically accepting the developers’ deceit then.