The MOTHER 3 E-mail
Josh recently sent me this e-mail about visiting Japan:
I am a long-time fan and reader of your work (over a decade now), and my friend and I will be taking a trip to Japan this summer. We are both big Earthbound fans. I know that you have some experience with Japan and Earthbound, so I was wondering if you might recommend anything Earthbound-related for us to see while we’re there. We’ll be in Tokyo and Kyoto.
I understand you’re busy and of course, if you can’t get to this, I will understand. Still, I would be interested to hear from you. Thank you very much!
This is a topic that I’d always hoped to compile info about but never got around to it. The only locations that I can think of off the top of my head are:
- Katsuman (more info, although I think the actual place Itoi liked changed its name to Yamaichi)
- Antendo bakery
Other than that, I can’t really think of any locations that an EarthBound/MOTHER fan might want to visit. Does anyone have any feasible suggestions or places you think would be good to include in a tour like this? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Touring Japan as an EarthBound Fan
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.