An Early Look at EarthBound in Total! Magazine
Josh recently sent me this e-mail about visiting Japan:
I am a long-time fan and reader of your work (over a decade now), and my friend and I will be taking a trip to Japan this summer. We are both big Earthbound fans. I know that you have some experience with Japan and Earthbound, so I was wondering if you might recommend anything Earthbound-related for us to see while we’re there. We’ll be in Tokyo and Kyoto.
I understand you’re busy and of course, if you can’t get to this, I will understand. Still, I would be interested to hear from you. Thank you very much!
This is a topic that I’d always hoped to compile info about but never got around to it. The only locations that I can think of off the top of my head are:
- Katsuman (more info, although I think the actual place Itoi liked changed its name to Yamaichi)
- Antendo bakery
Other than that, I can’t really think of any locations that an EarthBound/MOTHER fan might want to visit. Does anyone have any feasible suggestions or places you think would be good to include in a tour like this? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Touring Japan as an EarthBound Fan
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?