MOTHER 3 Cockney Mice
Josh recently sent me this e-mail about visiting Japan:
I am a long-time fan and reader of your work (over a decade now), and my friend and I will be taking a trip to Japan this summer. We are both big Earthbound fans. I know that you have some experience with Japan and Earthbound, so I was wondering if you might recommend anything Earthbound-related for us to see while we’re there. We’ll be in Tokyo and Kyoto.
I understand you’re busy and of course, if you can’t get to this, I will understand. Still, I would be interested to hear from you. Thank you very much!
This is a topic that I’d always hoped to compile info about but never got around to it. The only locations that I can think of off the top of my head are:
- Katsuman (more info, although I think the actual place Itoi liked changed its name to Yamaichi)
- Antendo bakery
Other than that, I can’t really think of any locations that an EarthBound/MOTHER fan might want to visit. Does anyone have any feasible suggestions or places you think would be good to include in a tour like this? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Touring Japan as an EarthBound Fan
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...