EarthBound Text Adventure Hack
Josh recently sent me this e-mail about visiting Japan:
I am a long-time fan and reader of your work (over a decade now), and my friend and I will be taking a trip to Japan this summer. We are both big Earthbound fans. I know that you have some experience with Japan and Earthbound, so I was wondering if you might recommend anything Earthbound-related for us to see while we’re there. We’ll be in Tokyo and Kyoto.
I understand you’re busy and of course, if you can’t get to this, I will understand. Still, I would be interested to hear from you. Thank you very much!
This is a topic that I’d always hoped to compile info about but never got around to it. The only locations that I can think of off the top of my head are:
- Katsuman (more info, although I think the actual place Itoi liked changed its name to Yamaichi)
- Antendo bakery
Other than that, I can’t really think of any locations that an EarthBound/MOTHER fan might want to visit. Does anyone have any feasible suggestions or places you think would be good to include in a tour like this? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Touring Japan as an EarthBound Fan
Featured Item on eBay:
RARE Near Mint EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995)
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...