Mr. Saturn Font in the Wild
In a recent discussion about a famous copywriter by the name of Koichi Tsuchiya, Shigesato Itoi quickly mentioned the MOTHER games and his own experience being the writer for them.
(The discussion so far has been about readers who have strong reactions to various instances of their writing)
Yeah, there’ve been people who’ve responded like that and thought, “I want to be the one saying these things sometime.” and then gone on to be like me.
Kids who play the old MOTHER games I worked on will sometimes send me e-mails that say, “I love this line the most.” They’ll say, “It really touched me.”
I’ve seen a lot of EarthBound fans get inspired by the game and eventually end up turning that passion into a career. The games have definitely had a big effect on my own career path, but how about you? Did the MOTHER games get you where you are now? Or maybe they’ve started you on a path? Share your own experiences in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Talks About Writing
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues