Weekly Round-Up #37
Back when the Starmen.net/Fangamer guys and I did the live Wii U MOTHER 2 stream, we noticed that some bright, flashy animations were “fuzzier” on the Wii U version than in the original Super Famicom/Super NES releases.
I’ve recorded a couple samples for comparison – it’s hard to see in this video but maybe you can tell:
Only a few of the PSI animations have this animation change, though – most of them remain unchanged. I also noticed it happen when the screen starts rapidly changing and flashing after you’ve gotten all eight melodies, just before you go to Magicant.
Apparently this sort of change is standard for Virtual Console games? I wouldn’t know since I rarely play any VC games 😛
Anyway, assuming this is company policy, we can probably assume this same thing will be done to EarthBound’s bright, flashy animations too.
Other Related Posts:
109 Comments to MOTHER 2 Wii U Animation Changes
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...