Nintendo’s MOTHER 3-related Patent
Back when the Starmen.net/Fangamer guys and I did the live Wii U MOTHER 2 stream, we noticed that some bright, flashy animations were “fuzzier” on the Wii U version than in the original Super Famicom/Super NES releases.
I’ve recorded a couple samples for comparison – it’s hard to see in this video but maybe you can tell:
Only a few of the PSI animations have this animation change, though – most of them remain unchanged. I also noticed it happen when the screen starts rapidly changing and flashing after you’ve gotten all eight melodies, just before you go to Magicant.
Apparently this sort of change is standard for Virtual Console games? I wouldn’t know since I rarely play any VC games 😛
Anyway, assuming this is company policy, we can probably assume this same thing will be done to EarthBound’s bright, flashy animations too.
Other Related Posts:
109 Comments to MOTHER 2 Wii U Animation Changes
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.