EarthBound Hack: Hallow’s End
Back when the Starmen.net/Fangamer guys and I did the live Wii U MOTHER 2 stream, we noticed that some bright, flashy animations were “fuzzier” on the Wii U version than in the original Super Famicom/Super NES releases.
I’ve recorded a couple samples for comparison – it’s hard to see in this video but maybe you can tell:
Only a few of the PSI animations have this animation change, though – most of them remain unchanged. I also noticed it happen when the screen starts rapidly changing and flashing after you’ve gotten all eight melodies, just before you go to Magicant.
Apparently this sort of change is standard for Virtual Console games? I wouldn’t know since I rarely play any VC games 😛
Anyway, assuming this is company policy, we can probably assume this same thing will be done to EarthBound’s bright, flashy animations too.
Other Related Posts:
109 Comments to MOTHER 2 Wii U Animation Changes
Featured Item on eBay:
Rare MOTHER 2 Doseisan Plush doll With trash box NEW Free ship
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues