Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
May 7th, 2013 | EarthBound
By now it’s pretty old news that EarthBound had been rated by the ESRB back in 2007 for the Wii. What I never knew was that it had also been rated by Germany’s ratings board:
To see it for yourself go here and enter “earth bound” where it says “titel”.
As you can see, it, too, was classified as a Wii release. It got a rating of “6+” and received this rating in 2007. So it sounds like the original plan for EarthBound was a worldwide release on the original Wii, not just a North American release like back in 1995.
Thanks to KingDarian for digging this info up!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to EarthBound Rated by German Ratings Board in 2007
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues