EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

May 15th, 2013 | EarthBound, Food

A fan by the name of Chris sent me an e-mail about a video game-themed restaurant/bar in Canada called “EXP”. It has Triforce Burgers, Super Smash Nachos, and all sorts of other stuff. It even has “Mach Pizza Fries”:

Capture

If you’re in Vancouver, check it out and let me know how it is! The website and restaurant info is here.

18 Comments to EarthBound in a Video Game Themed Restaurant

Mr Moustache said on May. 15, 2013

Wheres the strawberry tofu?

Permafry_42 said on May. 15, 2013

Awesome! I might go there next time I’m city crawling in Vancouver =D

Iamsotired said on May. 15, 2013

I feel like they could have done so much better with the names on their menu.

Earth Saturn said on May. 15, 2013

I’m actually not that far from Vancouver. So I definitely gotta consider going to this place sometime.

megamegaman247 said on May. 15, 2013

I wonder why it is not Mach pizza… Either way nice to see some more EarthBound restaurant love!

Rhyselinn said on May. 15, 2013

^Mach Pizza fries because the fries come with pepperoni… A little weird, but also yummy sounding. 🙂

The “Vegeta Flatbread” made me laugh. They also have Chrono Chicken… I love these people.

Anonymouse said on May. 15, 2013

I never even knew about this place… I MUST GO! ><

Too bad I live on the other side of the country…

Kit said on May. 15, 2013

Feeling pretty lucky to be from Vancouver right now! Definitely gonna try and check it out this weekend 😀

GreenHippoArmada said on May. 15, 2013

I’ve eaten there once, the food was decent, the main readon I enjoyed the experience was the video game references. 😛 But it was alright.

Opinionated Vector Chimera said on May. 15, 2013

Whoever made this place (insert obvious inference here). Seriously, I cannot stop looking at the menu. Piranha Plant and Psionic Storm (PK Starstorm?) cocktails? And then some of the drinks: Thunder, Thundara, Thundaga. Not to mention Shoryuken, Pikachu’s Revenge, and Megalixir.

The menus are at http://www.expbar.ca/menu/, and they are just outright surprising to read.

Vukadin said on May. 16, 2013

Honestly, I’d only go there for the names and references. The food is probably average.

KingsGambit said on May. 16, 2013

I have been here and got a bunch of leage of legends swag. I thought the food was good. Funny when I was there I was thinking if I mentioned this here it would get posted but I never botherd. I beleave its co-owned by one of the head people from radical games. Their most well know game being Prototype 1 and 2.

Hukky said on May. 16, 2013

Random video game references (and trying to make cash with them) haven’t been funny since 200X.

Justin said on May. 16, 2013

Haven’t been to Vancouver in a while. This makes me want to get right over there.

Felipe said on May. 16, 2013

Wouldn’t Triforce Nachos be more adequate?

Jean said on May. 17, 2013

Ahhh I live here and really want to go there! It seems like a really fun place, though it’s a shame that it’s apparently illegal for them to actually allow people to play video games, which was the owner’s original intent (something about them serving alcohol makes it illegal? Very weird), so instead they just have footage of games playing on TVs : <

FlyingManCourage said on May. 17, 2013

Interesting Jean! That must be a Canada thing because there is a small pizza chain in midwest America called Pizza King. Some locations have a television in every booth (something like a quarter for 45 minutes) and each booth had a different game (SNES or Sega – controllers glued to the table so you couldn’t hold them in your hand and had to use them in somewhat similar fashion to the NES speedboard). I haven’t been there for ages but they served alcohol at the time. Each booth had a different game so every time you got there it was kind of fun to check the list of games and booth numbers and then go find one that was empty.

refat17 said on May. 18, 2013

Dammit, I’m at the exact oppisite side of the country!