Itoi & Miyamoto MOTHER 3 Interview from 1999
I sometimes wondered if different versions of MOTHER 2 might play faster or slower than other versions – and then I stumbled upon this Japanese video that compares the walking speed of the GBA MOTHER 2 and the Wii U Virtual Console MOTHER 2.
As you can see, the GBA version has slower walking. I don’t know if that’s because the Wii U’s Super Famicom emulator has slightly messed-up timing or if that’s how fast an actual Super Famicom version would run – it might be a good idea to compare it with an actual Super Famicom MOTHER 2 and Super NES EarthBound too sometime.
I guess this only really matters for speed runners, so if you’re trying to go for a world record you probably don’t want to use the GBA version 😛
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to Comparing MOTHER 2 Walking Speeds
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues