Weekly Round-Up #44
I sometimes wondered if different versions of MOTHER 2 might play faster or slower than other versions – and then I stumbled upon this Japanese video that compares the walking speed of the GBA MOTHER 2 and the Wii U Virtual Console MOTHER 2.
As you can see, the GBA version has slower walking. I don’t know if that’s because the Wii U’s Super Famicom emulator has slightly messed-up timing or if that’s how fast an actual Super Famicom version would run – it might be a good idea to compare it with an actual Super Famicom MOTHER 2 and Super NES EarthBound too sometime.
I guess this only really matters for speed runners, so if you’re trying to go for a world record you probably don’t want to use the GBA version
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to Comparing MOTHER 2 Walking Speeds
Featured Item on eBay:
" Junk " MOTHER2 Earthbound Figure Phone Strap "Paula Set of 5 " Pola Nintendo
- BusterTheFox: Woo, Hip Snake! …I can’t help reading H.S. as Hip Snake. It’s a TWEWY thing… anyway! This looks so cool! Even...
- Anonymous: Very excited about this. Have never been able to immerse myself in the original. This game, however, looks very promising.
- An E and two 8: Holy Hack in a Sack! This looks amazing! I checked the thread a few times times before (As a guest) and the old EB Central posts...
- Chris Brough: You know what’d be really awesome? If they actually made a reproduction cart so that you could actually play the game on the...
- game4brains: Wow, it’s been quite a while since anyone’s talked about this! I’m looking forward to its release! Also, about the...