I sometimes wondered if different versions of MOTHER 2 might play faster or slower than other versions – and then I stumbled upon this Japanese video that compares the walking speed of the GBA MOTHER 2 and the Wii U Virtual Console MOTHER 2.
As you can see, the GBA version has slower walking. I don’t know if that’s because the Wii U’s Super Famicom emulator has slightly messed-up timing or if that’s how fast an actual Super Famicom version would run – it might be a good idea to compare it with an actual Super Famicom MOTHER 2 and Super NES EarthBound too sometime.
I guess this only really matters for speed runners, so if you’re trying to go for a world record you probably don’t want to use the GBA version 😛
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to Comparing MOTHER 2 Walking Speeds
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...