April 21st, 2013 | EarthBound, Itoi

The MOTHER 2 Revival Festival is now over in Japan, and MOTHER 2 is no longer available on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console. Although I’m sure it’ll be back soon enough at its normal price.

Anyway, because of this, Itoi started posting some messages about the festival coming to a close.

For lunch I had scallop porridge. I just had a Japanese rice cracker. People can tell when you’ve eaten a Japanese rice cracker because of the smell.
Dear Earthbound / MOTHER2 fans outside of Japan : Thank you for all the requests. Now with the re-launch, I am looking forward to meet new friends. Potential!!
The MOTHER 2 Revival Festival has finally come to an end, but the game has no real ending. The wonderful life you will live is the continuation of the game. May you enjoy it always. (Shigesato Itoi)
People who were kids back then and are now grownups… Big sisters then who might even be mothers now… I think MOTHER 2 probably resonated with these people the most of all. And now people who are currently children will get to grow up with it too.

I’m going to guess that these will be his last Miiverse posts besides the occasional, “Oh yeah, I forgot this existed.” posts that might come once a year or so 😛

All that aside, if you want to see what else he’s posted over the last month on Miiverse, I’ve chronicled and translated them all here!

12 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Miiverse Posts #7

Apple Kid said on Apr. 21, 2013

I like the last post best, it truly is touching.

Iamsotired said on Apr. 21, 2013

He’s so cuuuuuute

64RR said on Apr. 21, 2013

I’m confused so the revival festival was just the rerelease of Mother 2. There’s not anything else that was revived by the Mother festival( Excluding EarthBound on Wii U)?

EpicJackman said on Apr. 21, 2013

@64RR The revival was for Mother 2, EarthBound wasn’t confirmed till’ the end of it.

PSY (PsiReaper) said on Apr. 21, 2013

“The MOTHER 2 Revival Festival has finally come to an end, but the game has no real ending. The wonderful life you will live is the continuation of the game.”

Those are deep words coming from Itoi himself. If I’m not mistaken, he even said that our lives were the continuation of the Mother series before when the topic of Mother 4 was mentioned to him.

Now if only we could use PSI abilities, that would be nice…lol. Anyways, I would love to have a conversation with Itoi on the discussion of Mother, he would make things interesting if I were to discuss it with him.

ジョニー said on Apr. 21, 2013

Praying for another Mother 1 or 3 Revival Festival ^_^

misterdigi35 said on Apr. 21, 2013

I think we will definitely hear from Itoi again. Before you know it, he’ll be telling us what he had for dinner last night.

Justin said on Apr. 21, 2013

Itoi was probably scared off Miiverse because it’s intimidating how everyone draws so well.

Iamsotired said on Apr. 21, 2013

@Misterdigi I feel like compiling a list of all his “I just ate” tweets and blog posts and interview answers and just trying a whole bunch of things that I don’t normally eat. Just to try them.

Mr. Tenda said on Apr. 21, 2013

Haha, I totally imagine Tomato getting super angry every time Itoi posts about what food he just ate.

Vukadin said on Apr. 22, 2013

Uh… I shed a few tears at his last post.

Growing up sucks.

BusterTheFox said on Apr. 23, 2013

Incredible translations, Mato. I wish I could read the original messages so I knew every little nuance in those last two. They were both very touching to read.

Find Merchandise!