An EarthBound Book in the Works
April 25th, 2013 | EarthBound
Yesterday, a press release from Nintendo announced some corporate reshuffling due to various people retiring. One result of this is that Satoru Iwata has been named the new CEO of Nintendo of America.
This, by itself, isn’t really an EarthBound-related news tidbit, but it’s also really cool to think that the main programmer of EarthBound is now in charge of NOA 😯
I guess another common question out there might be: What does this mean for EarthBound fans? Do you think this increases the chances of any more MOTHER stuff getting released outside of Japan? Or will things sort of stay the same in that regard? I’m curious to hear what other fans think!
EDIT: Just to be clear, Reggie was and will remain COO of NOA.
Other Related Posts:
40 Comments to Satoru Iwata Named Nintendo of America’s CEO
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!