Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
April 25th, 2013 | EarthBound
Yesterday, a press release from Nintendo announced some corporate reshuffling due to various people retiring. One result of this is that Satoru Iwata has been named the new CEO of Nintendo of America.
This, by itself, isn’t really an EarthBound-related news tidbit, but it’s also really cool to think that the main programmer of EarthBound is now in charge of NOA 😯
I guess another common question out there might be: What does this mean for EarthBound fans? Do you think this increases the chances of any more MOTHER stuff getting released outside of Japan? Or will things sort of stay the same in that regard? I’m curious to hear what other fans think!
EDIT: Just to be clear, Reggie was and will remain COO of NOA.
Other Related Posts:
40 Comments to Satoru Iwata Named Nintendo of America’s CEO
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues