Show Time Pollyanna
April 25th, 2013 | EarthBound
Yesterday, a press release from Nintendo announced some corporate reshuffling due to various people retiring. One result of this is that Satoru Iwata has been named the new CEO of Nintendo of America.
This, by itself, isn’t really an EarthBound-related news tidbit, but it’s also really cool to think that the main programmer of EarthBound is now in charge of NOA 😯
I guess another common question out there might be: What does this mean for EarthBound fans? Do you think this increases the chances of any more MOTHER stuff getting released outside of Japan? Or will things sort of stay the same in that regard? I’m curious to hear what other fans think!
EDIT: Just to be clear, Reggie was and will remain COO of NOA.
Other Related Posts:
40 Comments to Satoru Iwata Named Nintendo of America’s CEO
- AwelCruiz: Hate to be “that guy”, but Banjo-Kazooie and Conker aren’t Nintendo properties. They may have been at one point, but...
- Chivi-chivik: Didn’t expect Splatoon to go first, honestly (>ヮ<)
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.