Earthbound, Personality, and Game Design
One of my favorite things in EarthBound is the final battle song that many fans have dubbed “Pokey Means Business”. It’s been remixed and redone in all sorts of ways, but I think I just discovered my all-time favorite one here:
Absolutely amazing job! For reference, here’s part of the video description:
Produced by Lauren Henry
Arranged and Orchestrated by Wayne Strange
All Guitar by Jake McCoy
So, basically how this went down was that back at MAGFest, Wayne was like, “Yo, Jake, I need you to do some crazy hard core metal for me.” And I was like, “Aight. I can do that.” And a few months later Wayne sent me the first half of the song, orchestrated and sounding beautiful, and I proceeded to infuse the piece with the heaviest of metals.
But in actuality, the reason we did this piece is because Lauren Henry, being the amazing person she is, was the top backer of the Twilight Symphony Choir Kickstarter. One of the awards for doing so was being able to produce a piece of their choice via Zelda Reorchestrated. Lauren chose her song, and Wayne enlisted my help, and here it is. Lauren, I know you gave me permission to upload the song to my channel, so I hope you really like the video!! And for everyone else, enjoy!
There are a few more details in the description too, so if you’d like to know more, check out the actual video’s page here!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Porky Means Business Orchestral / Guitar Cover
Leave a reply
- anon: They just look like the UFO prize catcher banpresto stuff that was released in 2010 so I’m not really excited. Although since I missed...
- BobLikesToFart: I am making an earthbound remake thats zelda stile
- BobLikesToFart: Ness in skylanderz lol
- Pep: I stumbled upon renstimpy1′s starmen.net post about this the other day after looking through the Melee TCRF. Pretty cool! I went to The...
- BusterTheFox: So cool. I have nothing Mother/EarthBound themed at all in my home (Aside from some data on my Wii U of course). I’m not rich,...