PSI Piano Omega
One of my favorite things in EarthBound is the final battle song that many fans have dubbed “Pokey Means Business”. It’s been remixed and redone in all sorts of ways, but I think I just discovered my all-time favorite one here:
Absolutely amazing job! For reference, here’s part of the video description:
Produced by Lauren Henry
Arranged and Orchestrated by Wayne Strange
All Guitar by Jake McCoy
So, basically how this went down was that back at MAGFest, Wayne was like, “Yo, Jake, I need you to do some crazy hard core metal for me.” And I was like, “Aight. I can do that.” And a few months later Wayne sent me the first half of the song, orchestrated and sounding beautiful, and I proceeded to infuse the piece with the heaviest of metals.
But in actuality, the reason we did this piece is because Lauren Henry, being the amazing person she is, was the top backer of the Twilight Symphony Choir Kickstarter. One of the awards for doing so was being able to produce a piece of their choice via Zelda Reorchestrated. Lauren chose her song, and Wayne enlisted my help, and here it is. 🙂 Lauren, I know you gave me permission to upload the song to my channel, so I hope you really like the video!! 😀 And for everyone else, enjoy!
There are a few more details in the description too, so if you’d like to know more, check out the actual video’s page here!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Porky Means Business Orchestral / Guitar Cover
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...