Mother: Cognitive Dissonance 2.0 Released
April 20th, 2013 | MOTHER 3
Today marks seven years since MOTHER 3 was released… Man, I say it every year, but it’s crazy how it’s already been this long 😯 It feels like just yesterday we were all jumping up and down with excitement every time Itoi updated the MOTHER 3 preview site.
I actually would’ve completely forgotten about this year’s anniversary if it hadn’t been for this Japanese tweet:
Basically, a bunch of people who worked on MOTHER 3 got together to have a little celebration. Also, the newest issue of Nintendo Dream apparently has a small article about this get-together and has some behind-the-scenes developer stories of the game. If anyone can get a scan, let me know!
Also, since the whole EarthBound on Wii U stuff has everyone excited, a lot of people are wondering how possible it might be for MOTHER 3 to get released on the Wii U Virtual Console eventually too. I really, really doubt it will have any effect, but I posted an offer to Nintendo to have free use of the MOTHER 3 translation text resources if it’ll help in any way. You can read about that here.
In any case, since this is MOTHER 3’s anniversary and all, if you have any spare time today, give it a play! It’s amazing how well the game holds up even though it was two handheld generations ago 😀
Other Related Posts:
53 Comments to MOTHER 3’s 7th Anniversary
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic