Random Post:

EarthBound Script Dump
Earthbound (SNES)

April 26th, 2013 | EarthBound

Until now, you needed a Wii U to check out stuff on the Wii U Miiverse. Nintendo has recently made it accessible via web browsers, though, so you can check out what people are posting! You can check out some MOTHER 2 Miiverse stuff here.

Capture

The problem is that that link only seems to show a few posts from the “Popular Posts” section – if you check on an actual Wii U you’ll see hundreds of other messages. Maybe I just have the wrong link or something? If anyone has any tips, please let me know!

12 Comments to MOTHER 2 Miiverse Now on the Web

Fwiffo said on Apr. 26, 2013

HAPPY DAYS AND JUBILATION!!!

Anonymous said on Apr. 26, 2013

Well, I know that way to view Miiverse is currently a beta, so maybe that has to do with it. On a slightly related note, MOTHER 2’s going to be permanently up on Wii U’s VC starting April 27:

chavacero said on Apr. 26, 2013

First, you need to select the region, choose “japan”, if you cant, use this link;
and now, use the Mother 2 community´s link.

ShadowX said on Apr. 26, 2013

This is a great feature, especially for those that don’t want to turn on their Wii U to see a specific Miiverse, or don’t even have one yet. You can even save the art if you are so inclined.

Anon said on Apr. 26, 2013

Well, there are only a handful of the popular posts because you have to be logged in with your Nintendo Network ID to be able to fully access Miiverse.

Iamsotired said on Apr. 26, 2013

thanks chavacero!

(Also, using the japan link I saw the dragon quest X miiverse ;_________; one more thing to remind me of all the games we never get to see.)

BAMX said on Apr. 26, 2013

Yeah, in order to fully view Miiverse, you need to be logged in with your Nintendo Network ID. And right now, you can only create a Nintendo Network ID on a Wii U. Without one, you can only view sample communities.

…And it looks like they just removed MOTHER 2 from the sample communities, so the link in the article doesn’t work anymore.

The link to the full MOTHER 2 Miiverse community is here. Once again, you need to be logged in to see it:

BAMX said on Apr. 26, 2013

…Wait, never mind. The link works again.

One of the things this is useful for is that it lets you save Miiverse screenshots/artwork to your computer.

BusterTheFox said on Apr. 27, 2013

@iamsotired
That DQ10 community is for beta testers. Pretty sure it’s already been announced for America. But it hasn’t even been released in Japan yet. Do NOT quote me on that though, I’m not 100% on whether it’s been announced here yet. But hey, we got IX, why not X and the 3DS re-make of VII? I think it was VII… Was it VIII?? Whatever.

By the way, it seems they’re planning to make an iPhone and Android Miiverse app, too. So that you can reply to Miiverse posts on the go, I guess. You CAN quote me on that one, by the way. xD It was in an earlier Nintendo Direct. Or maybe it was at E3 or one of those press conferences they had? Anyway, I’m 100% sure on that one.

Now for the recurring things I always say in my comments:
1. Got logged out again, damn WordPress.
2. Long comment is long compared to everyone else.

Buh-bye.

Darien said on Apr. 27, 2013

The Wii U version of Dragon Quest 10 has been out in Japan since last month. There’s been no concrete announcement regarding bringing it out in North America yet, but developing a theme-park MMO (which is *horribly* expensive) and then keeping it Japan-only seems like a rather poor allocation of resources to me; I have to imagine it’s headed this way sooner or later. As for “why not the 3DS remake of DQ7,” well, the PSX original sold about 200k copies in North America, which wasn’t great (it sold over four million copies in Japan — is there another game that received proper releases in both territories and sold twenty times as many copies in Japan as in North America? What an interesting stat), so localising the remake may not be at the very top of Square Enix’s to-do list. Which would be a shame, since it’s the best game in the series in my book.

Felix said on Apr. 28, 2013

Apparently, though, it seems as though we are not able to post anything from a browser. Can anyone verify this?

johnr754 said on Apr. 28, 2013

@Felix; It’s in a beta mode. You can comment on stuff, just not post pics or text.

Find Merchandise!