EarthBound Price Update (Mar. 2012)
A few years ago, while working on the MOTHER 1+2 translation, I made a hack that turned my custom Easy Ring into a Hard Ring. Reid then played the game live for everyone to see here. It was a lot of fun to see in action!
I realized that I never released a patch with the Hard Ring enabled, so here’s the latest build of the MOTHER 1+2 translation with the Hard Ring stuff activated. To use it, you just equip the Easy Ring like normal, except it makes the game much much harder:
You can download the IPS patch here!
If you’re interested, all the programming code and tools I used for my MOTHER 1+2 translation are available here. Even the programming for the Easy Ring/Hard Ring stuff is in there if you’re interested at seeing how it works or if you want to mess around with it yourself!
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Translation Hard Ring
- An E and two 8: Here’s another “Uncut” hack that is very complete: http://forum.starmen.net/forum /Community/PKHack/WIP-Mater...
- tintinophile691: Man, it’s been a while since I posted here. This is the first of two patches I have used which attempts to restore censored...
- Okay!: Seeing stuff like this makes me glad I check up on Earthboundcentral every once in a while. All the music on this youtube channel is great!
- Robert: It’s very cool how you guys came up with original names for the less interesting characters. You did a great job. If nintendo ever...
- crabbyRhys: This was a really cool interview! It makes me want to do something highlighting some of the games that had a big impact on me. Also, if...