Giygas Final Destination
Now that all the craziness of the MOTHER 2 re-release has started to simmer down it’s time to catch up on lots of updates people sent in. I felt bad not posting stuff sooner, but it would’ve gotten lost amid the flurry of updates last month 🙁
Anyway, here’s something sent in by AngelArts!
Recently, my friends and I began an EarthBound Let’s Play walkthrough like no other we’ve seen before. In an effort to breathe new life into the game, as well as make it more accessible to a new generation of gamers, this special project is dedicated to having every character in the game fully voiced.
Over 40+ voice actors from different backgrounds and skill sets have come together for this collaborative effort. The volunteers include Let’s Players, Fan Dubbers, and fellow fans of the game from around the globe. They range from amateur YouTube viewers to professional voice actors at Disney. We even have music composers helping to write original lyrics for the Runaway Five songs so their performances can be sung as well.
In addition to any scripted dialogue that the main 4 protagonists might have, their respective VA’s and I have been scripting and recording original dialogue for the characters to banter all throughout their adventure. We hope that this will have them appear more lifelike than their default expressions let on.
We hope this LP will be a fresh and entertaining experience regardless of whether you are completely new to the game or have been a long time fan.
In my opinion, Earthbound is the best overlooked Super Nintendo game of all time; and I hope to increase awareness and renewed appreciation for this classic!
Here is the first episode:
Here is a link to the entire Playlist:
We all hope that the visitors to EarthBound Central will see some merit from our efforts and stick around to see this LP to its conclusion with us. We are seeking to create an entertaining experience that we hope is new and unique to all!!
From what I’ve seen/heard it reminds me of a cross of an LP with Fobbies Are Borange, with a lot of its own unique flavor mixed in too. They’re up to the Mr. Saturn/Belch part of the game and still seem to be going strong. Check it out sometime!
Other Related Posts:
56 Comments to Fully Voice-Acted EarthBound Let’s Play
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.