EarthBound Central Live: June 8, 2015
Master EarthBound hacker H.S posted this today:
Finally, after a year in the making, the first part of EarthBound 2: The Re-Boundening is complete! The patch is available at the bottom of this post.
This hack takes place 6 years after the end of EarthBound, and follows Ness as he returns to Onett, only to find that things are much different than when he left. It seems new trouble is afoot.
I currently only have Onett complete, so I’ve made a demo of that part. As usual, use Lunar IPS to patch the .ips file onto a clean EarthBound rom.
And here are some screenshots!
I’ve only played a few minutes of it myself but it’s already pretty interesting. You can download it here:
- EarthBound 2: The Re-Boundening IPS patch (includes a patching program if you don’t have one)
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to Fan Hack: EarthBound 2: The Re-Boundening
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...