Master EarthBound hacker H.S posted this today:
Finally, after a year in the making, the first part of EarthBound 2: The Re-Boundening is complete! The patch is available at the bottom of this post.
This hack takes place 6 years after the end of EarthBound, and follows Ness as he returns to Onett, only to find that things are much different than when he left. It seems new trouble is afoot.
I currently only have Onett complete, so I’ve made a demo of that part. As usual, use Lunar IPS to patch the .ips file onto a clean EarthBound rom.
And here are some screenshots!
I’ve only played a few minutes of it myself but it’s already pretty interesting. You can download it here:
- EarthBound 2: The Re-Boundening IPS patch (includes a patching program if you don’t have one)
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to Fan Hack: EarthBound 2: The Re-Boundening
- Lloyd Jeffney: @Anonymous There wasn’t a problem with the Octopus statue, it’s just in Japan it was used for a pun that would not work...
- Chivi-chivik: It’s quite funny how Nintendo’s so old yet almost nobody knows that XD (I already knew that, that’s why I’m...
- Mother2fan: Wow, 125 years… Happy Birthday, Nintendo.
- snesdude72: It’s weird that this game and the first isn’t on the Japanese eshop. I thought they’d re-release the first game soon...
- Anonymous: @Valder I never understood what the problem with the octopus statue is.