Shigesato Itoi Talks About Writing
Earlier today, Kotaku posted an article in which Bill Trinen says the Wii U version of EarthBound will likely just be the original game with no changes to it. He also says he wasn’t aware of possible music rights issues:
[…]They’re taking the original game and putting it on Wii U.
If that’s the case, then hooray 😀
If you’ll remember, Reid and the Starmen.Net staff had heard from a reliable inside source in 2007 that there were three specific issues that had kept EarthBound and MOTHER 2 off of the original Wii’s Virtual Console as well as EarthBound off of Smash Bros. Brawl – you can read about them here. Hirokazu Tanaka, one of the musicians for the game, also briefly very briefly mentioned the topic a while back too.
In any case, though, it sounds like the game shouldn’t have any changes (aside from the seizure avoidance changes and such), which is great news to hear on top of the already awesome news!
Other Related Posts:
44 Comments to EarthBound’s Music Likely Unchanged for Wii U Release
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.