Mother: Cognitive Dissonance 2.0 Released
Earlier today, Kotaku posted an article in which Bill Trinen says the Wii U version of EarthBound will likely just be the original game with no changes to it. He also says he wasn’t aware of possible music rights issues:
[…]They’re taking the original game and putting it on Wii U.
If that’s the case, then hooray 😀
If you’ll remember, Reid and the Starmen.Net staff had heard from a reliable inside source in 2007 that there were three specific issues that had kept EarthBound and MOTHER 2 off of the original Wii’s Virtual Console as well as EarthBound off of Smash Bros. Brawl – you can read about them here. Hirokazu Tanaka, one of the musicians for the game, also briefly very briefly mentioned the topic a while back too.
In any case, though, it sounds like the game shouldn’t have any changes (aside from the seizure avoidance changes and such), which is great news to hear on top of the already awesome news!
Other Related Posts:
44 Comments to EarthBound’s Music Likely Unchanged for Wii U Release
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic