M1+2 Translation Update (Apr. 13)
Earlier today, Kotaku posted an article in which Bill Trinen says the Wii U version of EarthBound will likely just be the original game with no changes to it. He also says he wasn’t aware of possible music rights issues:
[…]They’re taking the original game and putting it on Wii U.
If that’s the case, then hooray 😀
If you’ll remember, Reid and the Starmen.Net staff had heard from a reliable inside source in 2007 that there were three specific issues that had kept EarthBound and MOTHER 2 off of the original Wii’s Virtual Console as well as EarthBound off of Smash Bros. Brawl – you can read about them here. Hirokazu Tanaka, one of the musicians for the game, also briefly very briefly mentioned the topic a while back too.
In any case, though, it sounds like the game shouldn’t have any changes (aside from the seizure avoidance changes and such), which is great news to hear on top of the already awesome news!
Other Related Posts:
44 Comments to EarthBound’s Music Likely Unchanged for Wii U Release
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10*
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...