Earthbound (SNES)

April 7th, 2013 | EarthBound, Videos

Benjamin Daws sent this in the other day, and I almost missed it because it was in my spam folder for some reason 😯

Hello! I made a stop motion animation video that features the Kraken from earthbound. Also has Earthbound music, as such it might be of interest to people of this site maybe.

I love stop motion stuff, I even used to do some crappy attempts at it back in high school but was never any good at it. This blows all of that out of the water. Man, I’m glad I checked my spam folder!

10 Comments to A Stop-Motion Kraken Animation

Poe said on Apr. 7, 2013

Stop putting Krakens on me, David Blaine! (great short!) 🙂

EpicJackman said on Apr. 7, 2013

WHOA! Some of that made nada sense, but it’s cool. We also found out the Kraken is a Sky Runner, and a painting…I guess.

FlyingManCourage said on Apr. 7, 2013

Best. Spam. Ever.

Apple Kid said on Apr. 7, 2013

Pretty coool. The end tells me this was edited in movie maker (not made edited) but that’s just a guess.

misterdigi35 said on Apr. 7, 2013

That was really damn awesome. Captain obvious signing out.

64RR said on Apr. 7, 2013

Nice, pretty good animation may I add.

Mystery Comment said on Apr. 7, 2013

This is very creative, it’s really good! I love it.
Somehow I got a little bit scared when he started to cut those poker cards; but nevertheless I enjoyed every single part of the video.

Kyle said on Apr. 7, 2013

Poe: That video never gets old 😛

Scapetti said on Apr. 8, 2013

Since we’re sharing stuff. (We are sharing stuff, right?) I made this film for my final film project as part of my masters degree. It’s not stop motion but it is puppetry! I drew a lot of inspiration from the Earthbound series but the connection is not obvious.

It was recently screened at the BFI Future Film festival and is also going to be screened as part of the Puppets on Film festival this saturday! Anyway, here is the link:

I hope you enjoy it 🙂