Swag Watch for Feb. 4, 2012
Last year I bought a copy of MOTHER 1 for the Famicom but never really sat down to took a good look at it. So I did that just now!
One of the things that immediately stands out is its manual – it isn’t a little booklet like most games. Instead, it’s one giant unfold-y thing with the world map on one side and all the info on the other.
Here’s a look at some of the info parts. Pardon the poor quality, I took them with my phone and I’m dumb at taking photos 😛
And here’s a look at the world map on the other side:
Incidentally, this copy of MOTHER 1 had a save file at the end of the game with everyone at Level 99. I’m fairly certain it was done legitimately – Japan didn’t get a Game Genie or anything like that back then, did they?
I guess it’s not TOO crazy, though, because when I was a kid I Level 99-ed plenty of games that took forever and ever to do. Final Fantasy II/IV, 7th Saga (although 81 or 82 was the highest possible level there), and a bunch of others. This is getting off topic now, but maybe that’s why I love the Disgaea games and Star Ocean games – crazy level caps, like even up to Level 9999!
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to A Look at MOTHER 1’s Manual
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues