MOTHER 3 Store Display for Sale
So yesterday’s super-impromptu MOTHER 2 stream is over and we’ve finally finished the game, hurray! Here’s a quick summary of stuff that happened, or at least stuff that I can remember off the top of my head. If I’ve forgotten anything, let me know!
- It took place at my house again, with lots of Fangamer people stopping by sometimes.
- Lots of people were in the chat too, despite it being announced only an hour or so before it started!
- I decorated the place with all my MOTHER games and other stuff. Even MOTHER 6 made an appearance, with its Fuzzy Logic Timing and all 😛
- We picked up at Tenda Village, went to Stonehenge, and then completed the rest of the game.
- We tried 13 or so Super Starmen for Swords of Kings (since it’s 2013), but luck was not on our side 🙁
- I took the party to Threed and did the circus tent glitch! It was neat and we eventually got the game to play random music, weird sounds, do some weird graphics glitches, and then finally crash the game in a crazy flash of glitches.
- Lots of people did lots of drawings on request. If you’ve ever wanted to see Ness’ butt in drawing form, we got ya covered!
- Chewy talked about some of her Itoi stories, like how she first met him, her involvement with the planners that Itoi’s company sells, showing Itoi’s office the MOTHER 3 Handbook, and more.
- We noticed some subtler changes made to this version of MOTHER 2 – things like the PSI animations were softened to be less flashy and seizure-inducing (literally). Other little things were changed long these lines too, like when the sanctuary spots appear in rapid succession before leaving Magicant.
- Speaking of which, Ness was naked in Magicant, so to commemorate it we posted some drawings and screenshots on Miiverse. My user name is “MatoSan” if you want to check out our pics – we made lots!
- Ness’ Nightmare gave Chewy a hard time, mostly due to bad luck and us being underleveled. Eventually we won using the Auto strategy – just put the game on Auto and let the computer fight. And it worked like a charm!
- Chewy, Laura, and Poe were in awe at all the top posts in the MOTHER 2 Miiverse.
- The enemies in the invaded Onett were another big problem due to underleveling and poor equipment.
- We did the Giygas fight with the lights out, which gave it a cool, spooky vibe – you could only sort of make out Chewy’s face in the glow of the Wii U game pad, but whenever a PSI attack would happen it’d light the room up.
- We found hidden Mickeys in Giygas’ background and created the “Mickey Theory”.
- We taught Chewy that you can ride your bicycle in the swamp after you beat the game, and she loved it! If you ring your bell in different levels of water it makes a different sound, too.
I’m sure a lot more happened but there you go! It was a lot of fun again, thanks to everyone who showed up! If you missed it, I think there are archives on Fangamer’s channel here.
Someday I’d like to learn how to get my laptop to stream stuff, then maybe I’ll stream some of my randomized EarthBound hacks, playthroughs of MOTHER 1 and/or MOTHER 3, or maybe just the hundreds of random Famicom carts I have in a big box. If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, tips, or whatever, please let me know 😀
UPDATE: Oh yeah, can’t forget Charlie’s description of EarthBound:
“When you play EarthBound backwards, it’s a game about a boy who beats up a fetus and slowly loses all of his friends.”
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to Summary of EB Central/Fangamer MOTHER 2 Stream
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic