The Jeff Andonuts Show!
A common question I’ve been hearing the past couple of weeks is something like:
If EarthBound DOES get re-released on the Wii U Virtual Console at some point, do you think the price of EarthBound cartridges will drop?
I’m definitely no expert in economics or anything, but here’s an answer I gave elsewhere (I think on the /earthbound Reddit):
I think the price won’t change TOO much – Chrono Trigger’s been re-released many times yet the SNES cartridge fetches pretty high prices.
I think it’s because aside from fans, there are just game collectors in general that will spend lots of money for their collections. Add on to it that it’s possible a Virtual Console release could have content changes and it might make having the original, unchanged one that much bigger of a deal.
But I’m curious to know what others think – do you think EarthBound prices will drop considerably if a digital release happens? Let me know in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to Speculating on EarthBound Prices
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.