Shigesato Itoi in Totoro
A common question I’ve been hearing the past couple of weeks is something like:
If EarthBound DOES get re-released on the Wii U Virtual Console at some point, do you think the price of EarthBound cartridges will drop?
I’m definitely no expert in economics or anything, but here’s an answer I gave elsewhere (I think on the /earthbound Reddit):
I think the price won’t change TOO much – Chrono Trigger’s been re-released many times yet the SNES cartridge fetches pretty high prices.
I think it’s because aside from fans, there are just game collectors in general that will spend lots of money for their collections. Add on to it that it’s possible a Virtual Console release could have content changes and it might make having the original, unchanged one that much bigger of a deal.
But I’m curious to know what others think – do you think EarthBound prices will drop considerably if a digital release happens? Let me know in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to Speculating on EarthBound Prices
- Jimshrimp: I like the pixel version more actually, it seems more authentic to the series, also like was brought up it’s probably less taxing...
- BhekzinTARI: What’s really going on in this world people?
- EBisumaru: The flying men are OP. Also, I don’t know how you enjoy any of these stages, EpicJackman. They’re mostly terrible.
- DJMankiewicz: Video games have hit the MAIN stream now!
- Bakersfield: I think Lucas is going to be DLC Oniglut