Ness Used the Save Eraser!
A common question I’ve been hearing the past couple of weeks is something like:
If EarthBound DOES get re-released on the Wii U Virtual Console at some point, do you think the price of EarthBound cartridges will drop?
I’m definitely no expert in economics or anything, but here’s an answer I gave elsewhere (I think on the /earthbound Reddit):
I think the price won’t change TOO much – Chrono Trigger’s been re-released many times yet the SNES cartridge fetches pretty high prices.
I think it’s because aside from fans, there are just game collectors in general that will spend lots of money for their collections. Add on to it that it’s possible a Virtual Console release could have content changes and it might make having the original, unchanged one that much bigger of a deal.
But I’m curious to know what others think – do you think EarthBound prices will drop considerably if a digital release happens? Let me know in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to Speculating on EarthBound Prices
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...