Weekly Round-Up #30
A common question I’ve been hearing the past couple of weeks is something like:
If EarthBound DOES get re-released on the Wii U Virtual Console at some point, do you think the price of EarthBound cartridges will drop?
I’m definitely no expert in economics or anything, but here’s an answer I gave elsewhere (I think on the /earthbound Reddit):
I think the price won’t change TOO much – Chrono Trigger’s been re-released many times yet the SNES cartridge fetches pretty high prices.
I think it’s because aside from fans, there are just game collectors in general that will spend lots of money for their collections. Add on to it that it’s possible a Virtual Console release could have content changes and it might make having the original, unchanged one that much bigger of a deal.
But I’m curious to know what others think – do you think EarthBound prices will drop considerably if a digital release happens? Let me know in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to Speculating on EarthBound Prices
- Dr.x: Thanks. I’ll do that Crav.
- ohgreat: @justin k no, do not do that. Sending a virtual machine with commercial software installed is illegal if you are not authorized to do so.
- Crav: Dr. X, if you’re in chapter 7, just check your ship’s console next to Zarbol. Niiue made it available as soon as you came back.
- Ejruss25: Ah, I remember this game. I distinctly remember being profoundly disturbed by it towards the end. It does a very excellent job of keeping...
- Dr.x: I had fun just reading the pictures just now.