M1+2 Translation Update (Feb. 13)
A common question I’ve been hearing the past couple of weeks is something like:
If EarthBound DOES get re-released on the Wii U Virtual Console at some point, do you think the price of EarthBound cartridges will drop?
I’m definitely no expert in economics or anything, but here’s an answer I gave elsewhere (I think on the /earthbound Reddit):
I think the price won’t change TOO much – Chrono Trigger’s been re-released many times yet the SNES cartridge fetches pretty high prices.
I think it’s because aside from fans, there are just game collectors in general that will spend lots of money for their collections. Add on to it that it’s possible a Virtual Console release could have content changes and it might make having the original, unchanged one that much bigger of a deal.
But I’m curious to know what others think – do you think EarthBound prices will drop considerably if a digital release happens? Let me know in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to Speculating on EarthBound Prices
- him: prepare for new Azure Studios game called MOTHER Origins/EBZ-.It’s starting after releasing after MOTHER 4 fan game.It will contain...
- Mother/EB: Umm, someone please delete the first comment.
- Mother/EB: @Psi Troy I would love more OFFICIAL Mother games. If it would ever come to, I wouldn’t let it pass me. I would feel like the...
- Mother/EB: I would love more OFFICIAL Mother games. If it would ever come to, I wouldn’t let it pass me. I would feel like the people on...
- Mother/EB: @Anonymous I would love nothing better than the Mother 2 portion of the Mother 1+2 GBA cart to be translated. I know every single...