March 18th, 2013 | Itoi

There’ll probably be many more posts like this where I update daily or so with all the latest stuff Itoi’s posted on the MOTHER 2 Miiverse.

First, here’s a look at him making the actual posts! As you can see, his banana stuff wasn’t entirely off-topic the other day 😛

1363322431135602

Now for the newest stuff he’s posted:

wbc I took a short break, but I’m feeling really down now because we lost the WBC semi-finals.
momiji I just had some momiji manjuu. A discussion I (Shigesato Itoi) had with Mr. Iwata about “MOTHER 2’s revival” started on Hobonichi (www.1101.com) today.
typing I’m trying to decide whether to go with drawn messages or with typed messages. I wonder if I should use them for different things.
tome How dare you do childish drawings! >To me
community Besides the MOTHER 2 community, there’s a wonderful and not-necessarily bland and fart-smelling community called “Shigesato Itoi’s Room”, so you should visit it on occasion. From the actual me.
bocchan Young Man, Young Woman, come again sometime~. gimme 10 yen
france Let’s try to say it in a French way. “Gîme tèn yén?”

You can find an archive of all his posts translated into English here! I’ll update it as well, so that by the end of this all, all of his posts will be in one happy place 😀

22 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Miiverse Posts #2

Erikku8 said on Mar. 18, 2013

Itoi-san, you are hilarious!

Someone Else said on Mar. 18, 2013

I find it annoying that I can’t type using ひらがな in Miiverse because I have a EUR region Wii U. I thought this was supposed to be a way of uniting the world of Nintendo fans together. 🙁

joeymartin64 said on Mar. 18, 2013

Japan was eliminated? There goes the streak.

The Great Morgil said on Mar. 18, 2013

What’s WBC?

Earth Saturn said on Mar. 18, 2013

@The Great Morgil, it stands for “World Baseball Classic”.

The Great Morgil said on Mar. 18, 2013

Oh. Thanks.

skyrunner14 said on Mar. 18, 2013

This isn’t quite related to the article, but I tried sending you some interesting EB-related stuff I found, but the Contact doesn’t seem to work. It tells me to try again later or contact an administrator, and I’ve tried several days…

NecrosaroIII said on Mar. 18, 2013

I was pretty pissed they lost the WBC too. I was really pulling for them to go all the way

Justin said on Mar. 18, 2013

This is the first year I wasn’t crazy bitter about Canada being eliminated from the WBC, and before I got a chance to watch any games after the first round, Japan lost, and now I just don’t care who wins. It was at least funny how Japan could never lose. Now I’m just uninterested.

Mato said on Mar. 19, 2013

skyrunner14: What exactly is broken? The page, or the does the contact form not submit stuff properly when you click a button or something?

Tayo said on Mar. 19, 2013

? I translated the post about French, but what in the world is that translation? I also study French besides Japanese, but the most I could get out of that was “Je (something)” like J’en creer, which doesn’t even make sense as a sentence.

Darien said on Mar. 19, 2013

Heh. I was rooting hard for the Netherlands. If they’d knocked off the DR again it would have been brilliant. 😀

Mato said on Mar. 19, 2013

Tayo: It’s a joke – he’s been saying “gimme 10 yen” over and over lately, this time he tried writing it with a French flavor. It doesn’t really mean anything, just looks/sounds “French”.

Vukadin said on Mar. 19, 2013

@Mato

He’s already rich, why would he need 10 yen? :p

skyrunner14 said on Mar. 19, 2013

@Tomato
The page itself works fine. But after I fill out all the fields and type my message, I press the Submit button and it tells me it can’t send my message.

Mato said on Mar. 19, 2013

Can you e-mail me at tomato@starmen.net then? It’s possible the contact form is thinking you’re spamming for whatever reason.

skyrunner14 said on Mar. 19, 2013

OK, I’ll do that.

skyrunner14 said on Mar. 20, 2013

I sent you the e-mail. I hope you’ll find what I sent interesting! :3

Mato said on Mar. 20, 2013

I don’t see an e-mail from you, did you send it to tomato@starmen.net? I don’t see it in my spam folder either, just in case it wound up there.

skyrunner14 said on Mar. 20, 2013

I copied your e-mail address exactly… I even have the message in my sent box e-mailed to tomato@starmen.net … This is quite odd.

Mato said on Mar. 20, 2013

Aha, I found it! Thanks for sending it, I’ll definitely update about that stuff at some point, although right now things are a little crazy with the Mother 2 stuff going on :X

skyrunner14 said on Mar. 20, 2013

Hey, take your time. I know how busy things are where you are. I’m just glad you got it! 😀