In a Tweet a few hours ago, an English-speaking EarthBound fan said to Shigesato Itoi:
@itoi_shigesato ENGLISH TRANSLATION PLEASE OH MY GOD
In response, Itoi asked for translation/interpretation help to get his message written into English. Basically, this is what he said:
Can someone interpret for me? It’s too much for me to handle myself.
And then he said right afterward:
My request for interpretation help just now was me saying, “Could someone please translate this into English [for them/for English speakers]?” I’d really like it [releasing the game outside of Japan] to happen someday.
Basically, the last part is him saying that he’d like an outside-of-Japan release to happen sometime. There’s not much more to it than that, but it’s been clear over these past few months that he really wants overseas fans to be able to play the game too.
I’ll continue to post more Miiverse stuff and Twitter stuff as things happen, so keep checking back here!
Other Related Posts:
37 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Comments on Releasing MOTHER 2 Outside of Japan
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo, 1995)
- Jdaster64: I can’t imagine I’d ever get tired of battles starting with “AAH! Enemy name!”
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: This is for uyuyuy99: there’s an EarthBound Zero ROM map at http://datacrystal.romhacki...
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: Heh. I was just working on modifying the EarthBound Zero ROM (by replacing Big Foot with one of the FF1 dragons, and...
- Pengo: I just got Itoi blue Pants.
- Earthbounder: Zo0O0o! YoU sAy Yes tO mE? Me: YES!