Save This EarthBound Cart
In a Tweet a few hours ago, an English-speaking EarthBound fan said to Shigesato Itoi:
@itoi_shigesato ENGLISH TRANSLATION PLEASE OH MY GOD
In response, Itoi asked for translation/interpretation help to get his message written into English. Basically, this is what he said:
Can someone interpret for me? It’s too much for me to handle myself.
And then he said right afterward:
My request for interpretation help just now was me saying, “Could someone please translate this into English [for them/for English speakers]?” I’d really like it [releasing the game outside of Japan] to happen someday.
Basically, the last part is him saying that he’d like an outside-of-Japan release to happen sometime. There’s not much more to it than that, but it’s been clear over these past few months that he really wants overseas fans to be able to play the game too.
I’ll continue to post more Miiverse stuff and Twitter stuff as things happen, so keep checking back here!
Other Related Posts:
37 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Comments on Releasing MOTHER 2 Outside of Japan
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic