March 18th, 2013 | EarthBound, Images, Merchandise

Capture

In a recent Tweet, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said:

Hello, this is Iwata of Nintendo. A Wii U Virtual Console version of MOTHER 2 will be released on the 20th. It’s a game I personally worked on as a programmer and is full of memories. I found something at my house that really takes me back, so I’m posting a photo of it here.

The photo is of a boxed copy of MOTHER 2 that basically says, “To Satoru Iwata” and has Shigesato Itoi’s signature on it.

I think some collectors may suddenly have stars in their eyes 😛

9 Comments to Satoru Iwata Posts About Upcoming MOTHER 2 Re-release

Leeaux said on Mar. 18, 2013

I really do portray them as friends in my head.

Bionicfemme said on Mar. 18, 2013

Hmm…if Iwata has such fond memories of the game, he should give us the re-release too in the U.S.! 😉

Chivi-chivik said on Mar. 18, 2013

I hope Iwata thinks about Europe as well… ;____;

Raffa said on Mar. 18, 2013

Awn! I don’t even care that it’s only coming out in Japan, it’s just nice seeing Itoi and Iwata talking about the series and keeping it alive. Maybe all of this will reignite Itoi’s love of videogames and he’ll make another one! (and I don’t mean MOTHER 4, just something entirely new!)

David B. said on Mar. 18, 2013

Daaaaamn… Iwata could sell that for some SERIOUS money in an emergency…

trickster2599 said on Mar. 18, 2013

A lot of memories, huh? I wonder if all this good news is going to go somewhere…

nintendofreak said on Mar. 18, 2013

hrmmmmmmmm, i think Itoi may have told Iwata about the game and its holding worldwide.

AdmiralCrunch said on Mar. 18, 2013

Short of one of the N64 beta builds of EB64, this may be on the list of holy grails of Mother memorabilia. That is a heck of a thing, right there.

Patrick said on Dec. 23, 2013

Very funny pictures http://www.kitsunesuki.com/atrovent/ buy atrovent online a prerequisite to graduation. If you are ranked as incompetent for > two rotation blocks, you will