MOTHER on MSNBC
March 9th, 2013 | MOTHER 3
The other day Kotaku posted an article about the most awesome dog companions in video games. Nintendo posted about this article on its Facebook account and mentioned Mother 3 by name:
You can see the Facebook post here. As you can imagine, many of the replies are from people surprised that Nintendo of America is mentioning MOTHER 3 at all:
NoA, can we have more Mother 3 info, like that game itself. 😀
Mother 3? What’s that? I have never seen it over here in the US…. : ) I am actually surprised that you acknowledge it’s existence. Reggie normally tells us how much he hates Mother 3 fans.
Welp, I’d sure like to legally find out what makes the dog in Mother 3 so great, but gee, SOMEBODY won’t bring it to the States! C’mon, Nintendo. Seriously. Bring it here.
Mother 3? What’s that? That game doesn’t exist according to you guys!
Copied-and-pasted like that they seem pretty angry, but the tone of the MOTHER 3 comments is actually pretty playful and goofy.
This mention doesn’t surprise me too much, though – after all, when Reid and the gang went to visit Nintendo some years back, a lot of the people working there were excited to know what the status of the MOTHER 3 translation was and couldn’t wait to play it. And I assume whoever’s in charge of the company’s social media stuff is a fan of the game and series too 😛
Oh yeah, speaking of Facebook, EarthBound Central has a Facebook page of its own here!
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to NOA Mentions MOTHER 3 on Facebook
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...