Earthbound Super Nintendo Snes Cleaned & Tested

March 9th, 2013 | MOTHER 3

The other day Kotaku posted an article about the most awesome dog companions in video games. Nintendo posted about this article on its Facebook account and mentioned Mother 3 by name:

nintendo facebook mother 3

You can see the Facebook post here. As you can imagine, many of the replies are from people surprised that Nintendo of America is mentioning MOTHER 3 at all:

NoA, can we have more Mother 3 info, like that game itself. πŸ˜€

Welp, I’d sure like to legally find out what makes the dog in Mother 3 so great, but gee, SOMEBODY won’t bring it to the States! C’mon, Nintendo. Seriously. Bring it here.

Mother 3? What’s that? That game doesn’t exist according to you guys!

Copied-and-pasted like that they seem pretty angry, but the tone of the MOTHER 3 comments is actually pretty playful and goofy.

This mention doesn’t surprise me too much, though – after all, when Reid and the gang went to visit Nintendo some years back, a lot of the people working there were excited to know what the status of the MOTHER 3 translation was and couldn’t wait to play it. And I assume whoever’s in charge of the company’s social media stuff is a fan of the game and series too πŸ˜›

Oh yeah, speaking of Facebook, EarthBound Central has a Facebook page of its own here!

35 Comments to NOA Mentions MOTHER 3 on Facebook

Mel said on Mar. 9, 2013

Holy crap. How did I miss this?

hmm said on Mar. 9, 2013

“Mother 3? What’s that? I have never seen it over here in the US…. : ) I am actually surprised that you acknowledge it’s existence. Reggie normally tells us how much he hates Mother 3 fans.”

Sigh. I love how everyone continues to actually believe this and repeat this even despite the fact that there has never been one single instance of one single day of Reggie ever having said that in his life.

But y’know, whatever. People will keep believing whatever they want. Even if it’s wrong. Because as much as I understand that keeping tight-lipped and silent on a game can rightfully rustle the jimmies of fans of that game, the fact of the matter is that Reggie has never once ever said he “hates” the game, the fans of it, or anything even close to that. But angry Mother fans will keep on putting words in his mouth as long as he continues to not say anything.

Maybe that’s the point, though. Maybe a lot of disgruntled Mother fans are trying to put words in Reggie’s mouth that he never said, as some kind of trolling way to get a reaction out of him. But I find that to be very low.

I mean, what do Mother fans want? For him to actually for reals scream “Yes, I hate you all, go away you’ll never get the game!”, or something? Honestly. I understand frustration, but trolling Reggie will never accomplish a thing. It will accomplish even less than anything already being done.

Prayer For Safety said on Mar. 9, 2013

Thats great to see Nintendo mention Mother 3, Boney is pretty awesome. I’m looking foward to seeing if they mention anything EarthBound when Mother 2 gets put on the Japan VC later this month.

trickster2599 said on Mar. 9, 2013

It’s probably (most likely) ANOTHER teaser… Or shout out. That’s all…

Thedreaminghawk said on Mar. 9, 2013

It was cool how they mentioned Mother 3, but I just can’t stand the idiotic commentors… Saying Reggie hates mother (Which he’s never said EVER), Reggie should die and get murdered, Localize mother 3, ETC…. It’s so annoying…

Seriously. WHY DO PEOPLE ON FACEBOOK WANT NOA TO TRANSLATE A MINOR 7 YEAR OLD GBA GAME THAT WOULD SELL HORRIBLY?

ClockworkFridgeworth said on Mar. 9, 2013

Nintendo is fully aware of the massive amount of Mother fans here in the US. I’m sure it’s all copyright stuff that’s holding them back from re-releasing the games. EarthBound WOULD HAVE come out on the Wii’s Virtual Console if Nintendo of Japan let NOA make changes to the game, which they did not.
Mother might just be one of those game series that will forever be stuck in Japan. It’s an unfortunate thought, but a very real one too. Then again, the future may hold some very good things. We’ll all just have to wait and see.

thelucaskid482 said on Mar. 9, 2013

@ClockworkFridgeworth:

NO!!! We have got to keep believing!! (“Don’t Stop Believing” plays in background for 2-3 minutes) We have plenty of future ahead of us! We cannot talk like that! The Wii’s lifespan is just now ending, and the Wii U’s is just beggining! Things are looking up now more than ever!Just think of the possiblities… (“Pollyana (I believe in you)” plays in background until thoughts stop). I’m not just talking re-releases, there could be entirely new games! This is not over! It never will be! (We fade out under “The Eight Melodies”), “Take a melody…”

64RR said on Mar. 9, 2013

E3 2013 Reggie announces a mother 1+2+3 anniversary edition for the US!!!!!!!

Clamsham said on Mar. 9, 2013

Meanwhile, in a newspaper, in the future…

“NOA announces MOTHER series compilation! Fans scream ‘I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!’ at local neighborhood pessimists! EarthBound cart prices are lowered dramatically! 3DS and WiiU sales increase at an incredible amount! Nintendo makes millions! Every day becomes Christmas! World hunger is solved!!”

Also, I find it kinda funny that nobody on there mentions anything about Mick. :’D

santiagoff said on Mar. 9, 2013

Oh, that’s my facebook there! Haha, I feel famous now πŸ˜€

EnnuiKing said on Mar. 9, 2013

I was really disappointed that the Kotaku article in question didn’t have any descriptions of why the dogs are awesome, just “LOOK AT DESE DOGS. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE DOG?”.

Blueflower999 said on Mar. 9, 2013

Oh sure, the Dog from Duck Hunt is really a great companion. >.>

JerkyMcGee said on Mar. 9, 2013

“Mother 3 confirmed” could easily become the new “Half Life 3” confirmed. No respect for anybody who partakes in Reggie bashing. Not that I’m his number one fan, but come on, grow a set and find something better to do with your time than obsess over a game and blame somebody for it not being released in your country.

SuperTrainStationH said on Mar. 9, 2013

“Reggie normally tells us how much he hates Mother 3 fans.”

-_-‘

Really people?

This persecution fantasy regarding Reggie and import games fans want localized needs to stop. It gets nothing done and only creates a false impression of what Reggie’s role is in all of this.

phree said on Mar. 9, 2013

It’s almost like a solemn acceptance that people play it with emulators πŸ™‚

Opinionated Vector Chimera said on Mar. 9, 2013

Oh, Nintendo of America. Putting up a Mother 3 OST on iTunes and then revoking it shortly. What next do we expect?

DD said on Mar. 9, 2013

Yeah, sometimes people blame poor Reggie for things he has no control over. It’s mostly inexperienced people who don’t know what his job is.

@Clamsham_Ha, ha! I can see that happening with all the fans going crazy for the compilation release.

@EnnuiKing_Yeah, I agree. They don’t go into more details about these Videogame Dogs background stories and what makes them so unique. Someone else/I could’ve spent some of my own time and written an even better article based on this theme. Or at least a real article, not a mini list.

Kirby said on Mar. 9, 2013

King > Boney

Vukadin said on Mar. 9, 2013

If I remember correctly, didn’t Reggie state that he finds Mother fans annoying?

64RR said on Mar. 9, 2013

Stop blaming Reggie. Its the same as blaming Obama for something that the Supreme Court Justices decided. He’s just doing his job man. Its going to be impossible to see even EarthBound ever again if we keep doing this sort of thing.
The only reason I would like Reggie to announce a Mother US Compilation is so that Mother fans stop hating on the guy.
People always find scapegoats for everything even if they have no fault.
Makes me sad the Mother community is still doing this πŸ™
BTW the president of something isn’t the only one that decides on it!

TROLOLOLO said on Mar. 9, 2013

REGGIE HATES US!

DD said on Mar. 9, 2013

@64RR_It’s a small minority of gamers that are blaming poor Reggie, not the whole Mother community. I personally hate being lumped together like we’re all the same.

Anonymous said on Mar. 9, 2013

You think Reggie really cares about the haters? Come on, he’s about kicking ass and taking names!

Anonymous said on Mar. 9, 2013

You don’t have to say you hate the game to prove you hate the game.

Although I’m sure it has to do with licensing issues.

But that’s WHY they hate the game. It makes it hard to make money from it, which is all it’s really about.

lucki_vibrato said on Mar. 10, 2013

I hate Reggie.

Anonymous said on Mar. 10, 2013

^ I hate ignorant jerks who don’t know anything about Reggie or how localization things work.

Chivi-chivik said on Mar. 10, 2013

I would be completely shocked if it was NOE and not NOA.

Earthbounder said on Mar. 10, 2013

That’s stupid! Why would they ask that if they know Amercians never really had a chance to play it. Sounds like their A holes or they have something planned. Just a guess

lucki_vibrato said on Mar. 10, 2013

@Anon:

I hate those who hate me.
I hate Reggie disguised as anonymous.

Vukadin said on Mar. 10, 2013

“Bombarded”

You know Reggie, if you keep being stubborn some maniac is going to kill you.

Matthew55 said on Mar. 10, 2013

I always found it funny that The games took place in America, but we only got one.

Max_H said on Mar. 11, 2013

I’d be really shocked if NOA meant this to be a “teaser.” My brain tells me that it was an intern who made a mistake.

Max_H said on Mar. 11, 2013

And actually, having just re-read the quote, it sounds like they’re literally referencing Kotaku’s list. So I guess that’s that.

Anonymous said on Mar. 11, 2013

Why do people think Reggie hates Mother fans? He just said that they were asking him to bring the series over here. That’s it

Anonymous said on Mar. 11, 2013

As for the Facebook post, Nintendo is just saying what the article is about. Just because they don’t want to release Mother 3 here doesn’t mean they deny its existence. I mean, look at Brawl.