March 7th, 2013 | EarthBound, MOTHER 1, MOTHER 3, Videos

I recently came across this video that was originally on Nico Nico. If you like anime aesthetics, you might like it!

That reminds me, whatever happened to that anime that had a bunch of characters based on video game characters? Did it ever air? Was it any good? Did anything EarthBound/MOTHER-related stuff happen?

22 Comments to MOTHER Series Anime Video

Anonymous said on Mar. 7, 2013

Yah. I’m pretty sure that anime did are for only A few episodes before it got cancelled. I’m pretty sure the manga is still going though.

Truner said on Mar. 7, 2013

The anime you are talking about will be 10 episodes long and an episode comes out every few months. We had 2 episodes air so far and nothing MOTHER releated happened.

Mato said on Mar. 7, 2013

Holy crap that’s a weird release schedule

Douglas said on Mar. 7, 2013

cutesy moe crap

Rhyselinn said on Mar. 7, 2013

D’aww that video gave me a case of the cutes~

As far as the video game anime goes, I watched the first episode way back when. Not too bad, I guess? A little violent, very Sonic-centric (Nintendo represents the bad guys or something, and Sonic is the only one who might have the power to stop them or something?), and as Truner said, nothing Mother-related happened. I didn’t realize episode 2 came out… brb…

Anonymous said on Mar. 7, 2013

@Truner

You sure it wasn’t just cancelled?

The Great Morgil said on Mar. 7, 2013

I saw like the first two or three episodes of that console wars thing subbed, and holy crap is it bad. I particularly hated the tetris guy who was one of the most sleezy and perverted characters i’d seen, and not very subtle about it either.

Inverse said on Mar. 7, 2013

@Douglas “cutesy moe crap”

Hey. That “cutesy moe crap” is a hell of a lot better than all of that ridiculously pretentious, incomprehensible, convoluted, incessantly boring, pseudo-philosphical, art-school reject, hamfisted, filler-ridden, middling, over-dramatic, pointlessly bleak, weakly written, painfully dull grey-tinged slow plotted slogfests that seem to make up about 97% of the entire bloated anime industry since around the end of 90’s.

Where anime now takes itself so grimly serious to the point where it’s so uninteresting, and utterly unenjoyable to watch, instead of having some modicum of fun or humor to an animation genre now so dull, lifeless, pretentious and boring, that most of it’s current output borders on the inane and unwatchable.

I’ll take a hundred anime with some cuteness, lighthearted adventure, or actual fun and appeal over the incessantly boring and pretentious crap today that is literally overrunning the industry and the airwaves now.

Anonymous said on Mar. 7, 2013

1:09 The Tazmily kids! 😀

Inverse said on Mar. 7, 2013

*the japanese airwaves now.

Seriously, I’d rather have a hundred Nichijou’s than to ever put up with another Bleach or Deadman Wonderland for the rest of my life.

Kelsyjones said on Mar. 7, 2013

Aoi Sekai no Chushin de is pretty badly written so far, and it has a bit too much awkward sexual fanservice for my liking. I’m not expecting much from the rest of the episodes.

NecrosaroIII said on Mar. 7, 2013

@Inverse

There was a time when anime used to at least try to be thought provoking. I miss the days when it was known for pretty neat sci-fi stuff. Now it’s mostly school girl non-sense

thelucaskid482 said on Mar. 7, 2013

I don’t think I’ll be able to pull myself to watch this. Simply for the sake of my entire respect for the series.

G.Wicks said on Mar. 7, 2013

Cutesy stuff like this makes me wonder if the people who made this video understand the spirit of the games at all, or why they don’t care. I suppose there’s nothing wrong with portaying the characters under a different light, but… Yeesh. This gives my eyeballs cavities.

DD said on Mar. 7, 2013

Well, there’s a lot of videos out there where someone remakes an anime opening(or uses music from an anime) and replaces the characters.

This is pretty good(Okay? Medium Quality? Not sure how to rate this.) for the amount of time/effort put into it.

The 1:16 moment kind of made me go “What the heck?!” The characters also have the same-face syndrome. If you shave their heads, blank out their eyes, and make them all wear the same clothes, it would be hard for me to tell the difference.

Err, sorry. That’s just me being an annoying picky artist. I better go focus on my own work. :-V

yani said on Mar. 7, 2013

did anyone else notice that NoA acknowledged Mother 3 in this facebook post? https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/posts/458467637555327

Douglas said on Mar. 7, 2013

@NecrosaroIII
even duster looks like a school girl in this freaking video

Anonymous said on Mar. 7, 2013

@Yani. I know. xD Just about everyone in the comments are talking about Mother 3.

DD said on Mar. 7, 2013

@yani_Well what do you know. Nintendo actually remembers Mother 3.

RandomGuardian said on Mar. 8, 2013

It has merit I suppose… But I don’t get it. I guess its a japan meme-esuqe sub culture thingy and I cant begin to comprehend it.

Buster The Fox said on Mar. 10, 2013

Heh! It was very odd to me, but being that guy who watches all those school-girl animes (K-ON!!, anyone??), I kinda understand where it’s coming from. But… Why the boys, too? Gah. It makes me feel so gayyyyyyy…

Gravyyyyyyyy trainnnnnnnn

Arturo said on Mar. 17, 2013

I dont really think this style fits the series at all. I kind of like to think of Earthbound and Mother 3 to have a more american “Charlie Brown” feel to them.